Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed on here before but I just completed sighting in my HHA DS-XL5510, I started out using the 20-40 sight in method, then the 20-60 method. During the 20-40 method I came up with a 38 tape, and during the 20-60 I came up with a 42 tape. Faced with a delema I layed the two tapes together and saw that they were nearly identical until the 45 yard mark where the 42 started to show a little length to allow for a little slower bow. I chose the 42 for the fact I shot a 4 inch group at 60Y and felt confident I couldn't do much better. So I slapped the tape on and went out to see if I had made a mistake. Boy was I surprised, I was able to dial it to the chosen yardage and it hit dead on every time, I shot six arrows from 35-60 and all were in a 3 inch group. I was truly amazed, and wished I had gone to HHA much sooner. So for anyone looking at HHA for a new sight I would strongly suggest try it sooner than later. Any how just thought I would let someone know, seems my wife just wasn't as impressed about it as I was.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
HHA sights are the best. How do you like the .010 pin? I have the .019 which I like (older eyes) but going to get one for my son and thinking with his young eyes the .010 might be better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just got mine not long ago and been working 7 days a week soni still haven't got it sighted it. Really want to though reading your post about it makes me wanna see what I can do at any chosen distance. I'm shooting the .19 too went back and fourth between a .10 and .19 figured I'd play it safe with the 19

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the .10 pin for me like being as accurate as I can for the longer distances, Likeapickle I would use the 20-60 sight in method if you going to shoot past say 45-50 yards, the 20-40 method worked for all yardages between 20-45 to 47 and that is where the difference started to show between the two tapes. I know that when your done you will be just as impressed as I was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts