Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an HHA optimizer-lite ultra it is the model with the wheel. im am putting it on an 05 hoyt vtec set on #63 and about 26.5-27.5 dl and i was wondering how do i set this sight with the tape i know i site it in a 20 and 60 but what do i have to calculate to put the correct sight tape on it? thanks

· Registered
1,456 Posts
It should have come with a set of set up tapes. You put a set up tape on and then sight in at 20 and 60. You take the number on the tape at 20 and subtract it from the number on the tape at 60 and then that will give you the number of tape you need. Example 55-24=31. So, you would use tape #31 on your sight. Did your sight not come with all the directions and tapes? You could always use a blank tape and make marks on it at 20 and 60. Take the tape off and hold it side by side to the other tapes and match it with the best one. Hope that made sense. It really easier than it sounds.

· Registered
452 Posts
Make sure that you are useing the calibation tape when doing the initial sight in at 20 and 60. Then when you apply the correct number tape apply it over the calibration tape so that the 20 yard mark is in line with the 20 yard sight in mark on the calibration tape. I think there is a way to do it at 20 and 40 but it may not be as accurate past 40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.