Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting an HHA OL-5500 and I had a question about what size pin to order for hunting (.029 or .019). I know the larger pin size is good for hunting since larger pins gather more light but with 5 feet of fiber optic I don't think that is an issue here. I normally like a smaller pin for sighting in at longer distances but just wanted some feed back that may help to sway my decision. Also any comments on the sight itself and the adjustable rheostat (brightness) would be helpful.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have the .019 pin on mine. the pin is so bright, that i usually shoot it on half brightness (using the rheostat) under normal conditions. on the full brightness setting on a bright day, that sucker burns my retina like the sun.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have the same model, go with the .029. The rheostat isnt really that important its only noticable when it gets real dark. Ive looked at the .019 in the dark and they are alittle hard to see. You said you wanted to a smaller pin for longer distances, thats not important if your a hunter. With my sight I can consistantly hit the 10 ring out to 40yds on the 3d targets with my hunting set up. Overall this is a excellent sight you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not worried about longer distances on deer, just have a hard time sometimes centering the pin on target when shooting at the 3" dot on my bag at 40-50 yds.
Also, how's the micro-windage on the sight. Is it pretty easy to adjust and is it easy to make small adjustments for fine tuning?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts