Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with a red dot sight. Seem to be getting a reflection to the side of the red dot. Doesn't seem to matter how I've got it adjusted. Not sure if I like it or should go back to the old peep. It is a HHA sight with a BSA red dot. I also tried a Millet red dot that I had on my Redhawk. The Millet is better than the BSA. Any suggestions or comments. Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Red dot

Been trying to site it in on my brothers bow and having no Luck Going to proshop tomorrow if that doesn't work Its not gonna happen.. Big pain in the @$$ to get even close to his anchor point...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also purchased the red dot sight and had trouble adjusting it. After reading one of the post on this I got worried about the BSA scope holding up. I also would see a line instead of a dot on this scope at times. I returned it and got the HHA single pin sight and really like it. I called HHA sight company and they were great people to help you out and gave quick responses. If I was going to go to a scope again I would get there (HHA) mount and use a better scope.

·
Registered
50,416 Posts
Your problem is the BSA-----my advice dump it it will be nothing but trouble -------go with the milliett----100 times better scope. It's the one I use and it's on it's second bow ---works flawlessly.:wink: :) :darkbeer:

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
cheap red dot scopes are

just that. CHEAP. That's one of the biggest problems with red dot relfex sights on hunting bows. Aslo, reflex sights are more involved in getting them set up but once that's done and you really see the advantages of NOT having that blasted peep sight on your string with rubber tubing, etc., you'll wonder , as I did, why did I tolerate that mess for so long.

My advice is to get a premium reflex sight that's small enough to actually work without problems on a bow the way it should. IMO there is nothing even close to the Zeiss Z-Point. Look it up on the internet. It numerous features that simply don't exist on $59.00 sights. Zeiss is the only company that I've seen that furnishes detailed comprehensive setup and sight-in instructions that even I, and most monkeys :) could successfuly use to set theirs up with no problems. I say try it and you'll not go back to that dreaded, light robbing, peep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts