Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of starting local 3/d.Would it be helpful to use a 2x scope on my HHA and a clarifier?

Jeremy Reed

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Shouldn't need a clarifier with a 2x lens. You may want to check what they run for classes and the rules. A lot of places a lens in the scope puts you into an Open class. There is a place I've gone to in the past that has a MBR-O (Bowhunter release optics) that allows you to use a lens and/or movable sight, but limits the stab. 2x isn't much, and if you want to shoot bowhunter class it wouldn't be worth trying to use (or spending money on).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It really depends, you may not like a lens at all.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
just remember that a clarifier will make the TARGET clear, but your pins will be a bit "fuzzy".

A verifier will give you a clear view of your pins, but the target will appear out of focus.
Just in case you did not already know this.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Depends on your eyes and how they focus. I find I'm starting to need a clarifier when I use my 6x lens and sometimes 4x. If the target looks too fuzzy to you and you dont mind a bit of pin fuzziness, use a clarifier.

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,200 Posts
I shoot a HHA OL-5019 with a 4x lens. Outdoors the scope is a pain if the sun is in your face... it washes out the entire scope. I haven't shot 3D with it yet though.

My only complaint is I should have went with a .10 pin (OL-5010 model) because with the magnification a smaller pin could help with placement better up close. Within 20 yards 4x is almost too much magnification but I can tolerate it. I can't even imagine people with 8x lenses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts