Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the extra to get the adjustable pin brightness of the 5500 series. Do those that have the 5500 series use this feature. Thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
Yes and yes. The pin is much brighter with the rheostat feature.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The rheostat is to adjust pin brightness down, what makes the 5500 series brighter is that they're using 5-6 feet of fiber optic vs. 3 feet with the 5000. 5-6 feet of fiber optic in bright sunlight can be a little too much and needing something (rheostat) to tone it down.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i have the TX5519 this is 3 or 4yrs old with the rheostat with 10 ft. of fiber with the 0.19 pin and i can see up till dark with it all the way open with out a light,i don't think they make one now with over 6 ft. of fiber

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yes and yes. The pin is much brighter with the rheostat feature.
Agreed. It's nice to adjust it while shooting indoors, or whether it's cloudy or sunny outdoors. I've found that with the rheostat all the way open in my ground blind I no longer need a light for my sight at all.

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
I agree the 5500 series is worth it. More fiber, adjustable, solid built like all HHA products, best pin sight I've ever owned. :wink:

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I use the rheostat feature all the time. I like a precsion aiming point and sometimes the pin is just too bright. My favorite is the TX series as well 10 feet may be overkill but it's nice to be able to see the pin without a light in low light conditions.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I agree the 5500 series is worth it. More fiber, adjustable, solid built like all HHA products, best pin sight I've ever owned. :wink:
i agree

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
hha

also you can get the 5500 in .010 fiber I switched to the .010 this year and you can still see it in the dark !!! great sight:):)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would you consider the .10 for hunting or should I get a .19

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I wouldn't even think of getting an HHA without the rheostat, it's a great feature. I use the .010 for hunting and don't have any problems seeing it, even with my bad eyes ...

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
I wouldn't even think of getting an HHA without the rheostat, it's a great feature. I use the .010 for hunting and don't have any problems seeing it, even with my bad eyes ...
Absolutely! You could use black electrician's tape if money was a real problem, but if it's not so much, I'd get the rheostat without ANY question. It's awesome. They only had the .15 pins when I got mine, I think I'd get the .10 if I had the option. When the rheostat is cranked all the way open, the pin is way too bright unless you're in a blind, so you shouldn't have any problem at all seeing the .10.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts