Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm ready to switch my old 5 pin in for a single pin, from what i've read the HHA seems like its the way to go, i'm a little confused about the models tho when i go on their website their models are "optimizer lite king pin" and "optimizer lite ultra" but when i got on cabelas website or search forums for them the models are in numbers like the "HHA DS-5019 ultra" or the "HHA OL-5519"? also what are the ranges of these sights? can you dial them in for 20 to say 100 yards? not that id ever shoot a animal at the distance but id like to be able to practice at that range? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think I'm ready to switch my old 5 pin in for a single pin, from what i've read the HHA seems like its the way to go, i'm a little confused about the models tho when i go on their website their models are "optimizer lite king pin" and "optimizer lite ultra" but when i got on cabelas website or search forums for them the models are in numbers like the "HHA DS-5019 ultra" or the "HHA OL-5519"? also what are the ranges of these sights? can you dial them in for 20 to say 100 yards? not that id ever shoot a animal at the distance but id like to be able to practice at that range? thanks in advance!
Go to the HHA website and click on the 'Learn More' button next to each sight. On the next page you'll find the cooresponding model number for each sight with a picture so you know exactly which model you want to purchase. Usually 'XL' in the model number signifies the sight having a 2" ring. I shoot an Optimizer Lite Ultra now, which I believe is a DS-XL5519. Great sight. Will be buying a King Pin down the road with the Dovetail so that I can remove from the bow easily.

If I'm not mistaken, most tapes they provide are from 0-60; however, they also provide blank tapes if you want to mark it yourself. If you have a flat shooting bow I would say 100 could be achievable. I shoot FMJs at about 265-275 FPS (just a guess) and I wouldn't be able to dial the sight in for 100 yards due to the speed of my bow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Most tapes go to 80 yds. Sight in at 20 and 60 yds be right on at 80. Great sight.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm interested in gettin a single pin and gettin rid of my 5 pin also.. Idk much about the different models but I know the king pin is the newest, it has a magnifier on the dial so its easier to see what yardage your on. The king pin goes from 20-100 yds I think

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've got a 5519 on my Elite, I liked the wheel better than the slider type! As stated, sight in dead nuts at 20 and 60 and you're good to go, mine goes to 80 yards!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Love mine. For hunting I dialed it in at 25 yards. So it's a wee bit high at 20 and a little bit low at 30 (like an inch or two). Forces discipline for good hunting shots. Easier to focus on target. Never bothered setting the tape up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just switched to one a couple weeks ago and I love it. I have the optimizer lite ultra I believe...DS-XL5519. It was easy to get setup and sighted in and shoots perfect out to 80. There is actually a little tape left on mine past the 80 mark. I haven't shot it past that yet but I'm gonna make the marks as I move further back and I believe I can get 90 maybe 95 out of of it. I leave it set on 25 for hunting from a stand and that gets me from 0 to 30 which is perfect for 95% of my stands. So I don't have to worry about moving the dial while in a tree. Great sight IMO.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I've heard the numbers on an HHA sight are the housing diameter in mm and the fiber diameter in thousandths so a 5519 has a 55mm housing (just over 2") and uses .019 fiber in the pin. Not sure if that is actually true as I don't have any HHA's right now and its been years since I had one.

·
Registered
698 Posts
As stated go to the HHA site;mine is a slider with a 1-5/8" and .19 pin.About $150.00 if I remember right.Very nice sight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts