Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question with an HHA DS-5510 that I just recently received and got set up. When setting up my numbers on the setup tape were 20yds-30.5. 40yds-48.5. 60yds-73. I ended up using my 20 and 40 yard measurements because I didn't feel real comfortable with my 60 yard group. based on the paper I should use tape 40.
Now my problem is when I have my dial maxed out at the top, up where my 20 yard mark should be it goes the whole way up to almost the 80 yard point on the tape. When I have the dial the whole way at the bottom it maxes out at 70 yds. My sight itself is mounted in the bottom hole, and the third one from the bottom on the mounting bracket.

My question is, is that normal that my dial only goes to 70 yds for my farthest distance but yet it will spin upwards to almost the 80 yard mark on my tape. What are the possible solutions to fix it, or will I just have to stick with it? Also I shoot 70 pounds out of a bowtech experience, roughly a 415 grain arrow.

·
Registered
417 Posts
you can also move your peep, it has the effect of moving your scope to different holes in the sight bracket, i am a bit confused as to what you are saying but if your 20 yard mark is too low you can adjust your peep height.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I keep mine mounted right in the center! It keeps the tape centered on my wheel so I can get to all yardages!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It looks like you're 20 yard zero is in the center of the sites adjustment range. You'll have to move the housing to get your 20 yard zero closer to the bottom of the range, that will give you more overall range of motion.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You could always call HHA. They would be happy to tell you what's up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
the problem is that you have the housing in the bottom holes. The higher holes you move your housing to the more of the dial you will actually be able to use. Move the housing as high as you can with the holes to get as close to being bottomed out on your dial at 20 as you can. For example on my sight in scale my 20 is at 6. If I move the sight housing down to the next set of holes I cannot reach my 20 yard mark because even with the sight bottomed out I'll still be shooting high. So move your housing up.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
the problem is that you have the housing in the bottom holes. The higher holes you move your housing to the more of the dial you will actually be able to use. Move the housing as high as you can with the holes to get as close to being bottomed out on your dial at 20 as you can. For example on my sight in scale my 20 is at 6. If I move the sight housing down to the next set of holes I cannot reach my 20 yard mark because even with the sight bottomed out I'll still be shooting high. So move your housing up.
Agree. Mine has 2 set screws that hold the scope, which go into one of 5 positions on the mounting bracket (7 holes, but can only use 5 positions). Move the scope to the highest hole possible. For my 60# /28" DL setup, I ended up in the 2nd (and 4th) holes down from the top.

BTW, adjust the height of your peep by drawing your bow and finding your anchor position, arrow parallel to the ground, with your eyes closed. When you open your peep eye, it should be right there. IF you move the peep, you will need to change your anchor point, which is usually a bad thing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here's the easiest way. Turn the dial counter clockwise till it bottoms out. Loosen the screw in the center of the dial. Turn your dial fully counter clockwise. Tighten screw. Move your housing to the center of the bracket. Shoot it at 20. If your low move the housing to the next lower setting, higher if your shooting high. This lets you get the full range of your dial so you can shoot out to 80 yards are whatever the furthest you practice at. Clear as mud? Lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's the easiest way. Turn the dial counter clockwise till it bottoms out. Loosen the screw in the center of the dial. Turn your dial fully counter clockwise. Tighten screw. Move your housing to the center of the bracket. Shoot it at 20. If your low move the housing to the next lower setting, higher if your shooting high. This lets you get the full range of your dial so you can shoot out to 80 yards are whatever the furthest you practice at. Clear as mud? Lol
what he said

1 - 10 of 10 Posts