Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wife a new used bow the other day,a martin jaguar whith nitrous "A" cams! It came with an adjustable HHA sigle pin sight. This is my first experence with this type of sight,she really likes it and for her i think it's the way to go! The problem i have is it seems very loud on the shot,almost metallic like a lose screw but i have went over every one on it just cant find any thing! I know some thing like this is hard to diagnose with out hearing it,but has any one else had this problem with this sight? Thanks!

· Registered
1,897 Posts
I have nothing but HHA sights on my bows and have never had any noise come from them. Send a e-mail to Chris at [email protected] and tell him about it. He has always answered me quickly and he will let you know what you need to do about solving the problem. HHA's customer service is outstanding.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read that there service was good! And i will try that! See i am only about 90% sure that is the sight making the ting on the shot! But have went over everything ,just got me stumped.

· Registered
375 Posts
Take the sight of and try without it and be sure one way or another. Not to mention once it's off you can play with sight more if it's the cause versus being on the bow.

· im not NOT licking toads.
7,992 Posts
i have used hha sights, i noticed mine was loud also.

awesome sight and very bright and precise,
but i put a different sight on and my bow was MUCH quieter.

maybe i had some lemons

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Take the sight off the bow and shoot it to make sure. The Nitrous cams need to be timed so they are in sync or you will get a lot of vibration on the shot.

Also check the module screws, if it only makes the noise with the sight on it call or email Chris at HHA and he will make it right.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had one with the reohstat covering the fibers that made a metallic sound,
does yours have that if so take it off and try it
Yep! I think that cured it for the most part. I took it to the shop after i posted and had some string leaches installed as well as a new rest (the old one was a prong style and she was fighting it) And played around with the sight. If the cover is pushed all the way foward covering the optic fiber, hardly any sound. So i still might send an email out. It's a target only bow so the noise was more of an anoyance than any thing. Thanks for all the help everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.