Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of switching to a single pin sight with my new bow and set up. I need some input on the HHA sights. Do any of you guys have experience with both the "slider" and the "wheel" adjustment? What are the advantages and disadvantages? My new bow is a 2010 GT500 60# and 29 1/2" DL. It will be my hunting set up. Come on guys, let me hear it. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the 5019 ultra with the wheel and LOVE it!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TWAP
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact Send Email

TWAP Join Date:Dec 2007
Posts:27I have the 5019 ultra with the wheel and LOVE it!
Do you use it for hunting? If so, how easy is it to change yardage? For example: a deer walks out at 40 yds and walks all the way in to 20 yds.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I got a slider set at 25 yrds.. most off my shots are 20-30 yards so I am good....

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I love my HHA. I has the DS 5510 with the wheel. I really like the wheel. It makes it very easy and quiet to adjust the yardage. I would definitely get the wheel over the slider if I were you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Also have the wheel and LOVE it. I keep it all the way unscrewed so in the situation you presented it is super easy to change yardage. When the screw is unscrewed the wheel does not go anywhere unless you touch it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Also have the wheel and LOVE it. I keep it all the way unscrewed so in the situation you presented it is super easy to change yardage. When the screw is unscrewed the wheel does not go anywhere unless you touch it.
Agreed! Love my wheel. I have the DS-5519.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i had the wheel first and now the slider. i greatly prefer the slider. i feel like i get more adjustment with less movement. may or may not be true, but i prefer the slider. smaller footprint as well.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
I am thinking of switching to a single pin sight with my new bow and set up. I need some input on the HHA sights. Do any of you guys have experience with both the "slider" and the "wheel" adjustment? What are the advantages and disadvantages? My new bow is a 2010 GT500 60# and 29 1/2" DL. It will be my hunting set up. Come on guys, let me hear it. Thanks

dont think you can go wrong with either, I have the slider OL 5519 and if the wheel is anything like that then, good luck deciding

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Have the wheel and love it! Leave it set at 25ish most of the time, easy to adjust though

·
Threading The Needle
2,679 Posts
i bought the slider because of the $ factor gotta say im loving it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts