Archery Talk Forum banner

HHA Sights wow thats customer service

1295 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  bowhuntermn
i was sitting here sunday night and email them and told them my fiber was getting tired and breaking.......... monday morning first thing i was hardly awake bam theres a email from Chris Hamm startled me wow thats customer service i will be a HHA shooter for life, in todays day and age moneys tight and i'll spend it where i know its safe and HHA proved to me.... you spend your money with us and we will value your business and take care of what we build..... Thanks Chris
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
Hha

I've used there sights for several years and if you have a problem they fix it. I broke an fiber and sent the sight head back and they wraped it free with no-questions. They have life time warranty on all there sights. They are great to work with.

· Registered
10 Posts
HHA is located just 30 miles from my hometown and over the years I have seen many local people give other sights a try and they always come back to HHA. Call it pride our pride for local products i guess, but when I get on the line to shoot archery league you are defenitely in the majority if shooting HHA sights and I have yet to run into anyone that has had an issue with their customer service. The standing joke is that the durability of HHA is their only business downfall because you never "have" to buy a new sight.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
I love HHA sights and I'm going to switch back to one not only because of their great support, excellent product (minus the screw problem) but because they are a local Wisconsin USA company. I hope they monitor this sight and change the screws to be stainless so they do not rust so easy, other than that they have a great product.

· I am my own affliction
2,600 Posts
I sent my HHA sight back to them when it was bent to see if they could fix it. I told them I ran over it with an F250 (the truth) and expected to pay for new parts and stuff. Instead, they just sent me a new one. :thumbs_up

· Registered
4,289 Posts
I own several HHA's. They're C.S. is the best of the best, They have always replaced/fixed things for Me, no questions asked, broke fibers, bent pins, sight tapes. Heck one time I ordered the wrong size housing (2" XL) and They swapped it out for a 1 5/8.

· Registered
667 Posts
It sounds like they really stepped up for you guys! I wish I could say the same for my experience.

I purchased a brand new sight last year, the one with the dial on it for adjustments (the $200 one!) Well, I thought I wanted the 1 5/8" housing and turns out I'd rather have the 2". Well, the store is now out of business so I emailed HHA (Chris Hamm) directly to see if I could maybe swap out my housing for a 2". I was even willing to pay a reasonable amount for the switch.

The response I received is: "Sorry, we don't do that anymore, but here's a list of places you can buy a new one at. Yeah, a new one for around $85!!! Then what, throw my old sight housing in the trash?

So, now I'll end up with a $300 sight and a spare housing I don't need. I do think HHA sights are great sights, but help a guy out. I can't afford to throw almost $100 away on a sight I already spent $200 for.

Bryan

· Registered
1,296 Posts
HHA all the way

Chris is the man. I also had some fiber issues a little while back. I simply mailed it to HHA and they fixed and flipped the bill back to me withen a week.

Great C/S for sure......

· Registered
552 Posts
Hha customer service

I can't say anything but good stuff about them. I just bought a used ol5019 and I needed the spacers to mount my quiver and some sight-in tapes. I sent an email expecting to pay something for the items but Chris Hamm sent them out at no charge. :smile:

· Registered
667 Posts
I can't say anything but good stuff about them. I just bought a used ol5019 and I needed the spacers to mount my quiver and some sight-in tapes. I sent an email expecting to pay something for the items but Chris Hamm sent them out at no charge. :smile:
must be nice

· Registered
6,867 Posts
It sounds like they really stepped up for you guys! I wish I could say the same for my experience.

I purchased a brand new sight last year, the one with the dial on it for adjustments (the $200 one!) Well, I thought I wanted the 1 5/8" housing and turns out I'd rather have the 2". Well, the store is now out of business so I emailed HHA (Chris Hamm) directly to see if I could maybe swap out my housing for a 2". I was even willing to pay a reasonable amount for the switch.

The response I received is: "Sorry, we don't do that anymore, but here's a list of places you can buy a new one at. Yeah, a new one for around $85!!! Then what, throw my old sight housing in the trash?

So, now I'll end up with a $300 sight and a spare housing I don't need. I do think HHA sights are great sights, but help a guy out. I can't afford to throw almost $100 away on a sight I already spent $200 for.

Bryan
I can't see where it's really any fault with HHA for this. Yes, it would have been great if they swapped it out for you. But it's not fair to hold it against them for not doing it either as it's not defective or anything. That's something that the shop would have been better suited to do that for you.

I personally have 4 of their sights and as of yesterday, I picked up the XL sight housing that I ordered in. A 2" housing works better on my hunting setup with a 1/4" peep.

· Registered
5,465 Posts

Bryan

The problem is your from Michigan, just kidding!:wink: If you were from IL or MN then I could understand it! Darn Bears, Cubs, Viking Fans!:wink:

Maybe you should call and see if they have changed their policy since times are getting tough and they might be more willing to help someone out. Just mention that you have been reading all of the positive posts on AT and that is what influenced you to by an HHA sight over others.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Didn't have very good luck with them. I sent my sight in for re-fibering. I had to send a check for priority mail return shipping which is no big deal except it took almost 4 weeks to get my sight back and when I finally did get it back, the fiber wasn't changed. I had constant communication with Chris Hamm throughout the process. First, I was told that they were a bit behind, then that the sight was sent and should be there, then they don't know what happened to the sight, then we'll send you a new one. After 4 weeks, about $25, (for new fiber and return shipping), numberous excuses/explanations, the promise of a new sight, I got my original sight back with no new fiber and no refund for fiber or shipping. Needless to say, I sold my sight.
Great sight but that experience keeps me from spending my money on them. However, I'm glad to see that most of you have had much better experiences than I did.

· Registered
667 Posts
I can't see where it's really any fault with HHA for this. Yes, it would have been great if they swapped it out for you. But it's not fair to hold it against them for not doing it either as it's not defective or anything. That's something that the shop would have been better suited to do that for you.

I personally have 4 of their sights and as of yesterday, I picked up the XL sight housing that I ordered in. A 2" housing works better on my hunting setup with a 1/4" peep.
One gentlemen stated earlier that they did the same for him. ....and if you read my entire post you'd see that the shop no longer exists. Kind of hard to have them correct it, huh?

· Registered
667 Posts
The problem is your from Michigan, just kidding!:wink: If you were from IL or MN then I could understand it! Darn Bears, Cubs, Viking Fans!:wink:

Maybe you should call and see if they have changed their policy since times are getting tough and they might be more willing to help someone out. Just mention that you have been reading all of the positive posts on AT and that is what influenced you to by an HHA sight over others.
I actually thought about calling them again to see if they would change their mind.

Michigan isn't that bad.......if you can find a job!:eek:

· Registered
6,867 Posts
One gentlemen stated earlier that they did the same for him. ....and if you read my entire post you'd see that the shop no longer exists. Kind of hard to have them correct it, huh?
I did read your entire post, but complaining that they wouldn't switch out the sight housing for you isn't necessarily the right thing to do either. Now, if it was defective or something, they you would have a legitimate gripe. But if it was defective, I'm confident they would have taken care of you. And as far as the shop goes, well, that's out of your control and theirs as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.