Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the hha single pin the ol5500 with 5ft. of fiber,rheostat,micro windage lens and light adaptable,is the rheostat needed i was told the one its a step below this one with 3ft. of fiber and no rheostat was an excellent hunting site............Ted:confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Rheostat

i was looking at the hha single pin the ol5500 with 5ft. of fiber,rheostat,micro windage lens and light adaptable,is the rheostat needed i was told the one its a step below this one with 3ft. of fiber and no rheostat was an excellent hunting site............Ted:confused:
The rheostat is not need, you can just cover the fibers if you dont want it to be as bright for indoor shooting per-say. A little tape works great and you can just pull it off when you are done. If the pins get to bright it can take your focus off your target but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
HHA sight

I use this for hunting and 3d and I've also shot indoors with it. I like a bright pin and have never thought it was TOO bright. Great choice ..can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hha

I use this for hunting and 3d and I've also shot indoors with it. I like a bright pin and have never thought it was TOO bright. Great choice ..can't go wrong.
which one do you have the one with 3 or 5 ft. of fiber..........Ted

·
Registered
60 Posts
hha sight

i have the dx-5519 xl w/reo i would recommend this to anyone

·
Registered
351 Posts
What are the pros and cons of the 1-5/8" and the 2"? What considerations do you take in to account in picking one or the other.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hha

What are the pros and cons of the 1-5/8" and the 2"? What considerations do you take in to account in picking one or the other.
i actually would like the 2in. one myself but if i remember right you have to buy the one with 10ft. of fiber to get the 2in. don't ya.............Ted

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i like the 2in because i shoot a large 1/4 in g5 peep and the outer ring on the sight lines up perfectly with my peep.its like having an extra anchor. i have the 1 5/8 hha on my target bow with a 3/16 peep.i prefer the type with the rheostat.the pin can get pretty intense on sunny or when a snow is on.

·
32,711 Posts
I'm not sure yet which HHA sight I'll be getting for my new Slayer when it gets here but it will definitely be one with the single pin.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hha

i like the 2in because i shoot a large 1/4 in g5 peep and the outer ring on the sight lines up perfectly with my peep.its like having an extra anchor. i have the 1 5/8 hha on my target bow with a 3/16 peep.i prefer the type with the rheostat.the pin can get pretty intense on sunny or when a snow is on.
thats the same way i shoot,i don't think you can get the 2in. housing on the single pin hha unless you buy the one with 10ft.of fiber,i think thats the only way you can get a 2in.i'm going to look it up ..........Ted

·
Registered
213 Posts
5519 best sight I have ever used

Hey
I have the 5519 with 10ft fiber, love it!!!! get the reostat,it can get too bright witht the 10 ft but it is great in low light!!
hope that helps! here is a pic! sweet sight!
T

Attachments

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
10ft. of fiber with the rheo and a .019 pin is awesome, thats what mine has - I picked up a brand new one in a trade.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts

Ditto on that. I have this sight on all my hunting rigs there isn't a better or brighter sight made. I like the 2" for hunting it allows me to see more of the animal. I also like the reostat feature I use it all the time I like a precise aiming point and when it's sunny outside the fiber is just too bright.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
All the HHA sights are top notch. I've used the OL-5519 and DS5519 on my bow and have sold many of the XL series and the OL5000.

Realistically, it's going to come down to personal preference. The OL5000 has no rheostat and 3ft of fiber optic. It's bright, plenty bright for most people in daylight and lower light on a cloudy day.

The 5500 series has 5 ft of fiber optic and the rheostat feature. It's bright enough for lower light situations near dawn and dusk and the rheostat feature allows you to "turn it down" if it's a very, very sunny day and the pin is too overpowering. The rheostat feature also comes in handy with indoor shoots. I turn mine down indoors b/c the flourescent lights and the intense concentration on not messing up using back tension can make my pin a bit fuzzy when it's really bright.

The XL series uses 10 ft of fiber optic...I think you can see the pin from space. It's very bright. The XL series also uses a larger diameter housing (2") as has been noted in the posts above.

In regard to the XL over the regular OL5000/OL5500/DS5500, you need to make sure that you match the peep with the housing. For the larger diameter housing, you need to use a larger peep. This will allow you to align the peep diameter with the diameter of the sight housing when at full draw. For me, it makes it much easier to acquire my target and increase my accuracy when the peep housing and sight housing line up at full draw.

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have the 1-5/8 and its fine for target. For hunting I wish I had the 2". The 1-5/8 field of view, to me, is too small for hunting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts