Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what speed the #28 HHA Site Tape corresponds to?

·
Registered
436 Posts
My bow is 275 fps and it uses #27. You should be near that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
I am shooting right around 255 fps and I use the #37 tape on my OL5519. I am not sure if the slider sights and the DS series wheel sights use the same tapes?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I tried using their site tapes on my viper single pin. Looks like I need a 13 or 14 but it didn't come with any that low. The ha sights must move at different increments.

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
Yeah, I tried using the HHA tapes on MBG Ascent sight too. The scale is completely different. It didn't work at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Personally, I use some blank first aid tape and mark them based on my actually shooting - always works and I have a built in excuse to go to the range a little bit more often. :)

·
0 Posts
After # 51 bow tape came off and had new string , peep and kisserbutton re sighted the bow in again at 20 and 40 yards to my surprise needed # 51 again didn't have had to order again for like 15 bucks. new set of tapes . DUH ! found out that # 51 and 52 are the same. Fool me once . Shame on me . Should have looked . Guys check for your self they are the same. Save your money .

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
After # 51 bow tape came off and had new string , peep and kisserbutton re sighted the bow in again at 20 and 40 yards to my surprise needed # 51 again didn't have had to order again for like 15 bucks. new set of tapes . DUH ! found out that # 51 and 52 are the same. Fool me once . Shame on me . Should have looked . Guys check for your self they are the same. Save your money .
I emailed HHA once about me needing another site tape and they sent me the row of tapes that the number I needed was on and some decal stuff.

Sent from my iPod touch using a telegraph line.

·
0 Posts
Yea should have contacted them first in the first place they would have given me them for free maybe. I contacted the store from here I bought the sight from and they got me like 12 bucks for the tapes and I only needed the one and 3 bucks shipping and it took like 4 days to get . Never again.Like they say Buyer Beware ! It was my own fault.But if you check # 51 is the same as # 52 I see no difference .

·
Teniente D'Equipo Mongrel
8,168 Posts
Don't you guys think arrow weight might be something to consider too.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The site tape is not only associated with speed, it has more to do with Arc from 20 yards and 60 yards.

My 60# insanity shooting a 300gr arrow is faster than my 70# insanity shooting a 380gr arrow BUT my 70# bow shoots flatter at 60yds. Lighter faster arrows lose energy faster than a heavier arrow. Light arrows may shoot flater at short distances but drop quicker at longer distances.

Hence my 70# bow uses 3 numbers faster tape than my 60# bow which shoots faster point blank through a chrony.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts