Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new HHA Optimizer lite 5519 in January. The only complaint I have is that after about 50 shots the sight drifts and my arrows hit about 2 or 3 inches right. Does anyone know what could cause this and how I can fix it? Thanks.

·
Threading The Needle
2,679 Posts
Are you sure you arn't getting tired? What's your poundage?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been more specific. Im not shooting 50 arrows at a time, so its not fatigue. It will usually be in seperate practices. Im shooting 65 lbs. on a 2012 Anarchy

·
Registered
527 Posts
mark your windage with a mech. pencial. that way you can see if your sight moves at all. it might be you or a rest problem.

·
Threading The Needle
2,679 Posts
Maybe sight is loose, maybe something on sight isn't right

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
Like jb2678 said, your rest could be loose. I had a similar problem and found it was my rest that had play in it. If the nut is tightened down good on your windage I doubt that the sight is moving unless something's broken.

·
Registered
51,158 Posts
Like the others said if everything is remaining tight it's you and more than likely fatigue. You may not feel tired but your shooting says something different.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
There was a comment a while ago that if your position to target changes, it can impact left/rights. Meaning if you're shooting with a neutral stance then switch to a more open or closed stance. Probably depends on the person and shooting distance though.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
as suggested, I also very highly doubt your windage is drifting on that HHA. i'm more inclined to think it is a form issue or fatigue. sometimes with high poundage, your point of impact will drift as your muscles get limbered up and adjust to the work they need to do at that poundage. it just so happens that maybe your average length of shooting session is about at it's end when your muscles get warmed up and the cycle keeps repeating itself, making it seem like your sight is drifting from session to session.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts