Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a new sight and I keep coming to the same two sights. An HHA DS model and a Trophy Ridge React. I have used both sights on other bows and like them both. I do mostly target shooting but I also like to hunt. The main pro and con I've found with these sights are reversed. For the HHA I like that I can adjust is to 100+ yards, but I don't like that i can't make a quick adjustment if I already have the bow drawn back. The opposite is for the TRR. I like I can adjust while in draw but I don't like that I'm limited on my distance.(not that I plan to shoot 100, but it would be nice to have the option.) So please let me know the pros and cons you've come up with to help me decide. Thanks.

2012 Rytera Alien-X
29" draw at 60lbs
Easton 400g FMJ's with FOB's

Attachments

·
Mad Arrow Slinger
10,667 Posts
I have used HHA sights for a few years and tried several others. The HHA sights are great and the warranty and CS are top notch!

·
Design&Hunt
1,726 Posts
Once you go single/slider you'll never go back. If you are concerned about needing to adjust a range for any reason mid or during the draw cycle or once you reached full draw, you probably just miss-judged or the animal you are looking to shoot at is covering some ground rather quickly and in that instance I would advise not taking the shot. Just what quickly comes to mind.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
100% what drop pixel said ! Took a couple of years and a thousand or so dollars for me to find that out...The HHA's are the only thing I will own from here on out. I also hear that the mounting holes on the React strip out easily.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No input from react users?

2012 Rytera Alien-X
29" draw at 60lbs

·
32,710 Posts
HHa makes a great tough sight. I've owned the best they had to offer and the slider and prefer the slider. they are bright pins and as far as I'm concerned top of the line sights. Don't know about the TR React but ordered two TRs today, the Alpha V5 and the Fire wire 5 pin. I've used the Micro Alpha V5 before and liked it so with me now, its a toss up and the one that lets me shoot in the class I want to shoot in is the key!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got a new hha ds5510 ultra! Wow what a bright pin!! Also won 1st place in my first tournament with it!! Very well built and quiet!! Whats not to love??? J.j.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I love my HHA and .01 pin....I have always used it for 3-d just switched to hunting this year and couldn't be more pleased to get that clutter of pins out of my sight window when aiming at at game. Know your yardages before hand and you can adjust with your release attached draw back and let er fly!

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
i messed with a react today and man it was sweet ive also messed with both though and i would go react if you do any hunting its AWESOME

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Have had them both on my bows. Go with the HHA and you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have had Trophy Ridge sights before and shot my dad's HHA OL-5510 and his OL-5010. The 5510 has rheostat adjustment which is really nice. In my opinion HHA makes one of the best sights out there. The pins are bright and the single pin leaves you with a very uncluttered sight picture. The regular slider on the OL is easy to move too. I prefer the .10 size pin and out of the two sights only HHA has them. I shot Trophy Ridge for a long time and they make a good sight but personally the HHA sights blow them out of the water. I don't usually use anything other than my Spot-Hogg, but when I do...They're HHA.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Look into the Trophy Ridge Pursuit and Drive sights. Both single pin sliders w durable construction and a bright green pin like HHA and half the cost.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HHa makes a great tough sight. I've owned the best they had to offer and the slider and prefer the slider. they are bright pins and as far as I'm concerned top of the line sights. Don't know about the TR React but ordered two TRs today, the Alpha V5 and the Fire wire 5 pin. I've used the Micro Alpha V5 before and liked it so with me now, its a toss up and the one that lets me shoot in the class I want to shoot in is the key!
You said hit the nail on the head with the class shooting buddy! That was my other thought.
Thanks a ton for the insight guys, really helpful. I'm still on the fence and the changing of classes is a big factor. I'm a self proclaimed 20 yard assassin with 2 robin hoods in my 2.5 months of shooting. As soon as our WMA range opens, I'll probably have a better idea for what I need, with their 80yd range. So we will see I guess! Thanks again guys!

2012 Rytera Alien-X
29" draw at 60lbs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts