Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to try a single pin slide site of some kind. I understand the HHA line is very popular, but I have used several of Truglo's products over the year and was very pleased. If you have used these products please let me know what you think. I guess my question is, should I spend the extra money for the HHA or will the Truglo be just as good. Thanks in advance for your thought.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
The HHA is the way to go. The TruGlo is nice but doesn't compare. The windage is not micro adjustable. You have to loosen a screw and carefully slide the sight left or right. On HHA's you turn a knob to move left/right. The rheostat on the HHAs is also a very sweet feature.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
have two hha's and plannin on a thrid. A buddy has the range rover. Decent but doesnt compare. Alot harder to make left to right adj and keed it level. And if for some reason u dont like the hha , it will be alot easier to sale. Plus hha made in u.s. other made in china.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I notice you have a ol and an xl. Which do you like better and why?

·
southern traditions
4,942 Posts
i like the hha better ive had both but cabelas also has one that is called the silver talon with same adjustment as the hha our similar for 69.99

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
seems to me theres way to much thought given to windage on sights, you set it once and should be through forever, i have used and sold the range rover, its a good sight with no noticeable failings, it costs less than the hha and will hold its zero as well as any sight.. not knocking the hha but the range rover works just as well... i have also used the cobra single pins they are also just as easy and dependable.. but i am currently trying an apex atomic rover, with .010 pin and built in light,, it just might be better than all of them, it got great viber optic and has a lot of adjustment if you want it

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
seems to me theres way to much thought given to windage on sights, you set it once and should be through forever, i have used and sold the range rover, its a good sight with no noticeable failings, it costs less than the hha and will hold its zero as well as any sight.. not knocking the hha but the range rover works just as well... i have also used the cobra single pins they are also just as easy and dependable.. but i am currently trying an apex atomic rover, with .010 pin and built in light,, it just might be better than all of them, it got great viber optic and has a lot of adjustment if you want it
That's what I was wondering about. If I can pay half the price, I'll gladly spend an extra 60 seconds the one time I have set my windage. If money were no object, it seems the HHA is the one to have, but I'm also considering the range rover.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
theres no reason not to get a range rover they work well, and i think now come in the .010 pins size if you want small

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just put the HHA 5500 with the rheostat on my DXT and I also installed the light for those last minute shots... It is awesome and the sight is better made than it's single pin competition. I sighted in at 25 yards and with my bow speed its good from 0 to 30 yards... You will not be disappionted with there products.... Follow the instructions carefully for the distance calibrations on the sight ... there method works well ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put the HHA 5500 with the rheostat on my DXT and I also installed the light for those last minute shots... It is awesome and the sight is better made than it's single pin competition. I sighted in at 25 yards and with my bow speed its good from 0 to 30 yards... You will not be disappionted with there products.... Follow the instructions carefully for the distance calibrations on the sight ... there method works well ...
I have the range rover on my z7 and my wife has the hha on her bowtech. I set the range rover at 25 yards which only took 5 min and I'm good 0-30. It's ur bow speed not the sight

·
Registered
57 Posts
The HHA are built like a tank and will stand up to punishment better than most sights, the silver talon that mnt.archer mentioned is also a good sight, that company also makes a couple of other single pin sights that sell for around $50 that are worth looking at.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Worth the extra money----yes.
Better built, better warranty, smother action, better pins-----HHA made in America, TruGlow sights-made in China. Your choice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
HHA all the way. give an American a job. And the sights are amazing

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've got both and shoot both...my Elite carries a HHA DS5519 and the G5 carries the Range Rover! I've seen the RR maked on clearance for as low as 39 bucks!! Course I paid full prive for mine!! Grrrr

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Woser, old thread here. But since it has been brought back to life, I'll add my .02

I have owned several HHA sights. Still have one on my bow at this time.

I also have a Range Rover that I had on my bow.

There's no denying the HHA's are superior to the Range Rover. But, the HHA's are simply too heavy for my likings. The light weight of the Range Rover is nice indeed.

But, there's no 3rd axis on the Range Rover where as you can get a 3rd for the HHA's. That's the only reason I recently swapped the two back out.

Season is less than one month away here and I want to try the 3rd axis on the HHA. Never owned a 3rd axis sight in my life, and still fill all my tags every year. But with all the hoopla on them, I want to give it a try just cuz.

I will say that I have a .029 pin on my Range Rover. It has no rheostat and is very, very, bright. The rheostat on the HHA is a super nice feature and well worth it.

I made a huge mistake by buying a .19 pin HHA this last time around. Too small for my old eyes.

Sooo, the only down side to a HHA is the weight. Just too heavy IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts