Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel like this is more like a addiction meeting for me I am Ben I like to buy bows and I admit it!!!!!
Man it feels good to talk about it to others rather then my wife who says I’m crazy and addictive lololol. She knows me way to well and doesn’t really care but wanted to share my new bow with ya.

I bought a 2022 darton maverick xt because I loved the grip and that they added shims and widen the limbs for easier tuning! I need tuning due to my broken bones and weird wrist discomforts. I have different limbs coming for the bow(heavier) so I havent setup the bow yet but the grip just feels awesome!!! Looking over the bow darton killed it but will know more when I shoot it but man she’s pretty.

setup is
-2022 darton maverick xt at 66-67lb
-Axcel landslyde with 3 pin
-conquest 10” front
-Got a side riser or static mount coming and 6” side bar to help balance quiver
-tried two piece quiver but sits way to low so I have a tight spot quiver coming
-qad rest my hamskea trinity containment cage sat to low
-gonna throw on some Threadz strings

I tried lizard skin on the grip but love the grip the way it is so I took it off and when I go to Canada I’ll just throw on a glove

Thanks for joining my addiction to bows

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I need to join this addiction therapy room. I too have issues.

Have not shot a bow in over 40 years since the boy scouts back in 1981-ish

8/5/21 Decided to get back into archery. Bought a PSE Stinger MAX $480 + another $500 in arrows. LOVE the PSE !

9/15/21 Decided I wanted to try traditional recurve shooting, bought a Galaxy Bullseye RH bow $130 + another $300 in arrows. LOVE the Galaxy !

9/30/21 My daughter expressed heavy interest in shooting traditional, but she is LH so I bought a Galaxy LH riser, now she loves it !

Laslty 10/10/21 I made the $1K mistake of trying a fellow gun club member's cross bow. I now have a Wicked Ridge RDX400 .

I'm not well. But I sure know how to live happy (and $$ broke).

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just got back into shooting probably 5 years ago and I'm up to 4 compounds and 2 recurves.

It's a great addiction to have, though. I love it.

Can't wait to get my hands on the 4th compound. PSE SupraFocus that I'm probably going to set up for 3D shooting...

...and I still need to finish setting up my Bowtech Fanatic 3.0 for spots...

...but right now I'm busy chasing whitetail with the Revolt X.

Oh, look, the classifieds...may as well check that out while I'm on here.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hello Ben my name is Pete. Your title says you have a bow buying problem. I have no problem buying bows. If you don’t get your problem fixed soon I might be able to help. I have bought four new bows already this year and believe I will buy another one before the rut is done.
Lol
I wish I were joking and I promise my wife wishes I was joking even more. Welcome to the club!!!!

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello Ben my name is Pete. Your title says you have a bow buying problem. I have no problem buying bows. If you don’t get your problem fixed soon I might be able to help. I have bought four new bows already this year and believe I will buy another one before the rut is done.
Lol
I wish I were joking and I promise my wife wishes I was joking even more. Welcome to the club!!!!
hahahahahah this made me laugh

1 - 20 of 44 Posts