Archery Talk Forum banner

Hi-Speed Slow Motion Filming, BowTest & Shoot with Blacky Schwarz at LAS

926 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Blacky
Everyone is invited to join us as my guest to shoot, test and high-speed film your traditional bows with world-renowned author Blacky Schwarz on Sat/Sun, March 20 & 21st in our 5,000 sq.ft. Lancaster Archery Shooting Center Testing facilities in Lancaster,PA. If you can't make it and you'd like to send us a bow to be filmed/tested, please e-mail Lee Vivian at [email protected] or PM me here for information as bow testing slots are limited to one per bow model.
We want to offer this great opportunity to spend time with Blacky and fellow bowyers and archers shooting, testing and "seeing" anything in slow-motion that you've ever wondered about as you shoot your recurve or longbow. We'll be filming limb tip & string oscillation, arrow flight & rotation, shelf & rest clearance, archer's paradox as the arrow flexes around the bow with several rests, stiffnesses and centershot amounts with split and three-under shooting. Have other ideas of what you want to see...? Let us know and we'll shoot it for you! We'll cut a CD for each participant for you to study and post on the forums if you wish. We look forward to learning with you from this collective experience with Blacky.

We'll also have our hooter shooter set up to do scientific tests for arrow speed using the same string at normal brace heights for each bow using 8,9,10 & 11 gr/# arrows.

To help someone out in coming, I'll pick up a hotel room for the person/group traveling the farthest to the event. We're 75 minutes from Phila. or Baltimore Airports and excellent hotel rooms are available within a 1/2 mile for under $50 or drive & bring a bedroll and "camp" in the range of the shooting center and use the shower here at LAS in the morning. I'll provide breakfast and a working lunch each day for everyone as the host.

Let us know if you can make it via a PM, e-mail or call Lee Vivian or myself at 800-829-7408. Looking forward to a weekend of March Madness "Traditional Style".

Yours in Archery,
Rob Kaufhold
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.