Archery Talk Forum banner

hi to the right

684 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  cva54
can some one answer this 1. I am right handed. If I shoot hi 2 the right what going on. In my mind if I were to flinch or pull should'nt it go low to the left ?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
10,326 Posts
Peekaboo

First, is your form solid? If you are peeking that may account for you having an arrow hit high and to the right as you attempt to be the spectator and not the shooter. Analyze the form first and then have someone take a video of you shooting some arrows. This will explain a lot to you. Bernie Pellerite has an outstanding DVD on 44 form flaws which you may want to look into.

· Registered
950 Posts
If the high right is consisent, that is one thing. I am assuming it is not. Given that it is not, you have to be changing somehing in your shot execution occasionally. I had this problem and traced it to the trigger travel on my release. The "trigger slack" was causing the end of the trigger to contact my middle finger sometimes and I was pulling to the right to get the release to go off. I would suggest that you be very critical of what is going on when you execute every shot. You might also try numbering your arrows and see if it tracks to a specific arrow or arrows. Hopefully this helps. Good luck.

· Registered
3,683 Posts
now

now's the time to learn back tension and bye bye flinching. you aren't fast enough to flinch then and affect the arrow. any flinching then is from surprise and the arrow is already on it's way to the bullseye

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.