Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did the high country sniper come with fast flight strings or dacron strings and cables i have an older sniper about late 80 my guess on age

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
It's probably from the early 90's. If it was from the late 80's it would probably have steel cables with tear drops.

·
ChickenBob 60X
1,339 Posts
Early 90's and yes it was fast flight. I have one that I've used bcy 452x for the lest 8years. Make it a much better bow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i need to re string this bow i have a faster bow but i like this stile bow and i am trying to learn to shoot instive with it becase i hurt my shoulder years ago have shot recurves and long bows most of my life my shoulder cant stand the weaght and i miss that style of shooting with a light bow and the 65% letoff maybe i can do it for a few years i have crossbows many but just not the same enjoyment for me

·
*Chick Repellent*
21,417 Posts
My first compound was a High Country Sniper. It came with fast flight. That was around 1990 or 1991. Put some newer materials on it.

Though I seem to remember High Country also made the Sniper with teardrops and cables. Best to check your wheels and see if it's drilled and has the setscrew for a cables setup. If not, then you're set to put some newer materials on it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Remember when these first came out and it was not unusual for a 70lb bow to come out of the box at 90+lbs...

·
Registered
18,988 Posts
Then you need to recable it as it doesn't have the ability to have FF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts