Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dozen Maxima 250's to shoot out of my Tribute and I originally put the bright yellow 2 1/2" quickspins with a black and yellow zebra blazer wrap on them, Now I re-fletched 6 of them without wraps and just black blazers. They look scary:) Now I am going to go shoot with them for the next couple hours and compare...I know many of you have tried this, which have you found to be better and what aspects did you like about each? I will let you know how it went...

·
Lowered expectations
16,533 Posts
Not stupid at all. That's the way you're SUPPOSED to test out what equipment works best for you.

You don't want to base your equipment selection and setup on what you read here posted by some nameless character from Wyoming or Alabama on what he heard a part-time "pro" shop tech's cousin tell a friend of his...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I agree..... what were your conclusions? Was the point of impact different? Speed? I have a friend that just finished some vane testing and it was very interesting to see the results.

Darrel

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
A couple of years ago, I tried 4 different vanes before I got the results I wanted! This year I am going to try the Blazers and see what all the hoopla is about!!! Its not a stupid question!!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Kelsnore said:
A couple of years ago, I tried 4 different vanes before I got the results I wanted! This year I am going to try the Blazers and see what all the hoopla is about!!! Its not a stupid question!!!

I tested 6-8 different brands and lengths on my indoor arrows before deciding on a specific vane. So again.... continue with your testing. If nothing else, you will have fun and I bet that you will learn from it.

Darrel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts