Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me And My Buddy Both Switched To The Hind Sight This Year And Are Anxiously Waiting For Deer Season To Try It Out. Any One Else Use This Sight While Hunting. We Are Really Wanting To Get Away From The Peep Sight For Low Light Conditions. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
i used one for a few years it works,killed ten deer with it,try not focusing on the x post it will work fine. i still have it but since went to hha 5000 site and different peep i no longer have the low light prob.if it dont work for ya sell it.try it out on some ground hogs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use the scrape juice ez sight. Similar to the hind sight. They are the best thing since sliced bread. I love not having to use a peep. I really do not know why more people do not use them. They are quick to use and are so great in low light. I am not the best shot in the world but defiantely shoot better with mine. I can open both eyes also. Good luck. Last season I shot 5 deer with mine and the season before, 3. They defiantely work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hindsite update

Just wanted to let everyone know the hindsite is field tested and works extremly well. What you see is what you get and it does eliminate torque and improves shooting. I always had problems with the ice moment but with one pin and the hind site my hunting accuracy is much much better.
Good luck to all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ftshooter Do you need to adjust it for each shot ..say at 20yd ,30yd, 40yd, ?
The way you aim is a little different. I use two pins on my bow. A 15 yrd green pin and a 30 yrd red pin. When I draw, I look through the hind site and center the red pin EVERY TIME regardless of range to target. Once I have that alignment, I move the correct pin onto the target (while keeping the red pin centered in the HS.) It sounds a little confusing but it really doesn't take long for it to become second nature. I don't think that I am as accurate with it as I was with a peep but I do like it much better! I think that my groups will get tighter with more practice. I only started using it this summer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
aka Storm25m (can't post with my real username?)

With the hindsight, you always sight the same pin in the crosshairs (my 20 yard pin). After that, you raise the correct pin into position onto the deer (30, 40, etc) while keeping the 20 yard pin centered in the crosshairs. It's actually pretty simple. You can't forget to center the pin because the crosshairs are in the way. I used to use a no-peep and I'd always forget to check it in the heat of the moment.

This is my second season with the Hind Sight (Extreme version) and the only complaint I have so far is that (with a slower bow...say 240-250fps), I have a hard time getting a 40 yard pin. The ring around the cross hairs will cover the sight pin. I was BARELY able to get a 38 yard pin in there.

That being said, I will be happy to keep the Hind Sight.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sight

I made my own version about 15 years ago.... ahead of my time I guess.

It works great, but i still use a peep. It give me 3 points of alignment and is very accurate.

I am a one pin shooter at 20yds and adjust my aim point alittle high if I need to.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have tried the Hind sight and the no peep, IMHO the anchor site is the best for low light conditions, It is like the no peep but is bigger and easier to see and it glows in the dark.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I am 3 year hindsite user and I love it for hunting. I tried the no peep, and I kept concentrating on it instead of the target. It functioned OK, just my brain can't multi-task. Have not tried the anchor site, but will take a look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.