Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Methinks this will be my next unnecessary upgrade. :darkbeer:

Do y'all like it? What don't you like about it? Anybody had one and got rid of it?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Had one, liked it, but got rid of it. I didnt like the fact that you have to concentrate on 2 different pins when you shoot at distances other than the original.
To much "play" with the pin in between the cross hairs.
Kill deer with it, yep. Better field of view than a peep, yep. Better accuracy at multiple distances, nope.

Did I make any sense there? Bottom line, I feel that I am a more accurate shooter at any distance with my peep and single pin slider.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I had one for a while, it was sold on Ebay pretty quickly. I have heard of people like them. I never could get any accuracy and there was too much cludder. I use an Anchor Sight on my hunting bow now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Didn't work for me!

I've just started shooting again after several years away due to a shoulder injury. I'm 52 years old and my eye sight isn't what it used to be so I thought I'd try one after reading all of their ads and reviews. I see fine at a distance but just need reading glasses but this sight just didn't work for me. I tried everything, even wearing my reading glasses while shooting and it just wouldn't work. I also agree about too much play between the pin and the cross hairs. There's a lot of room for error. I guess it would be OK for good young eyes, but I'll never know.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Texas Outfitter

Try this and your worries are over. It is the only thing that's kept me bowhunting due to my vision problems.

·
Registered
894 Posts
2 years now

Everyone is different.
Just go ahead and try one.

I have used mine exclusively for 2 years.
I use the EQII model that attahces to the cable guard bar.

I am able to line the pin in the cross hairs easily and accurately.

I enjoy the extra security of no peep rotation worry in varying temperatures.

Anyway....I dig mine.

the only thing I am curious of is the anchor site / No Peep method.

·
Registered
629 Posts
2 years

I switched to the hindsight II two years ago and I can't see myself making another change. I switched from a multi pin sight to an HHA single pin sight this season. My hindsight didn't fit well with this sight so I used a hack saw on it to shorten up and make it fit, that's how much I like the hindsight. I've been shooting great groups up to forty yards with this combo. The hindsight is the way to go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Moonkryket said:
Try this and your worries are over. It is the only thing that's kept me bowhunting due to my vision problems.
What kind of site is this. Like I've said, I've been away from bows for awhile and most of it is new to me, again. It may be the ticket for me. I'm always open to a better way....that's why I tried the Hindsight. I thought it would be the answer but I just wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I used a Hindsite last year and changed it this year.

I liked not using a peep. I liked the way it lined up. I liked that it did not require me to have perfect form/head placement, which was great for hunting.

On the other hand, I always thought it was fragile. The rear site seemed very vulnerable to being hit and knocked off line (although it never happened to me). I thought the sighting method itself was counter-intuitive, as you would line up with the 20yd pin, then shoot with other pins for longer ranges (while still keeping the 20yrd lined up).

Overall, it was worth a try. I am not planning to use it again, but can see how some would like it.

I currently am using an AnchorSite, and am going to try the Z-Point. I don't think I will ever go back to a peep.

·
Take a BITE out of Crime!
2,223 Posts
Hindsight

I use the Hindsight EQII. I love it and have the best groups I ever shot with it. I use a single pin sight so you don't have to worry about focusing on the sight and pin and putting another one on the target. The single pin just makes it soo easy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts