Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a long time hinge shooter 24 years to be exact. I shot the Stanislawski two finger until 4 years ago. I have tried a few others but currently shoot a Sweetspot ll by TruBall.

That being said, I am interested in trying something new. I would like to know what other T-handle hinge releases have floating heads and safety brakes?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
I think all manufacturers, but Zenith, have a hinge with a safety feature on them these days. most all hinges that have a "safety", have some means of allowing the moon to rotate freely when set, so that the bail and hook can move together with the moon as a unit, (floating head)....without loosing it's support from the moon and releasing the arrow.
I use a Carter "Solution2", with a particular modification that I designed, that reverses the safety lever's operation from normally on safety to normally off safety, thereby automatically being pulled "on safety" as you draw the bow and "off safety", as you let up on the lever at anchor. operating exactly opposite in sequence as supplied from Carter and I my opinion, much more natural in the scope of the shot process.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think all manufacturers, but Zenith, have a hinge with a safety feature on them these days. most all hinges that have a "safety", have some means of allowing the moon to rotate freely when set, so that the bail and hook can move together with the moon as a unit, (floating head)....without loosing it's support from the moon and releasing the arrow.
I use a Carter "Solution2", with a particular modification that I designed, that reverses the safety lever's operation from normally on safety to normally off safety, thereby automatically being pulled "on safety" as you draw the bow and "off safety", as you let up on the lever at anchor. operating exactly opposite in sequence as supplied from Carter and I my opinion, much more natural in the scope of the shot process.
Kinda sounds like the Carter Honey -Do. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response Ron!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts