Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buy these two books if you want to become a better archer. idiot proof archery by bernie pellerite and core archery by larry wise.learning to shoot a hinge correctly takes 6 months to a year,the book idiot proof archery will teach why and how to get rid of target panic or control it,we all have target panic some worse than others.there is no quick fix to becoming a good archery shot, just like learning to play a banjo it takes time, maybe years ?? and yes some people learn quicker. i wish you all the best of luck ,Pete53

·
Big Damn Arrow Slinger
3,030 Posts
I'd like to add Lanny Bassham's "With winning in mind" to the list of must-reads.
This book helped me tremendously not only in archery related things.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Lanny's book is great for learning the mental preparedness, maintaining it, throughout a tough competition, and the importance of that mental attitude, that can be applied to any venue, but it has nothing at all, to do with learning the finer points of shooting a bow, specifically and it won't teach the mental side of archery that resides in the workings of processing a good archery shot.
never the less, it is a great read, for those who want to step into competitive archery, or any individual sport, for that matter.

·
Big Damn Arrow Slinger
3,030 Posts
but it has nothing at all, …, specifically and it won't teach the mental side of archery that resides in the workings of processing a good archery shot.
IMO there's a great amount of advise that can easily be transfered to archery.
Maybe you and I are talking about a different levels of a good shot, but it helped me out a lot to shoot a confident clean shot.
After working with the book my scores have improve quite a bit and busted more nocks and arrows than ever.
Same goes for a buddy mine.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The books are great...........I have a firm standpoint with learning hinges..........
If anybody invest that time and effort into existing-any release, he/she won't be here to read this my "philosophy".
Sorry, I didn't intend to hijack your thread, I just meant bringing a candle light to the dark corner of this subject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts