Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these today. Just need to dry out and remove seeds. Natures wind detector. Need to come up with good bag for it. Who else does it? What bag/holder do you use?
Food Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Flower

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I leave them in the pod. After all, They come with their own built in holder lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I normally let them dry out some then remove all the seeds. Normally put in a plastic sandwich bag.

·
Premium Member
6,247 Posts
Do they float up as well? I have some of the plants in a food plot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can do as others have mentioned and it will certainly get the job done…I prefer to slice the pods open and put the guts into a rolled up section of window screen. The screen “Cylinder” is open on top and zip tied on the bottom and sides and about the size of a 1 liter bottle of soda. Add 1 more zip tie at the top as a loop to hang it up outside to dry out where it won’t get soaked or I’ll also hang it in front of a fan. Just personal preference as I think it dries it nicely. When it’s all dried and fluffy dump it into a 1 gal. Zip Lock. As others have mentioned I just stuff a rubber change purse with the fluff but a small zip lock works too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I use an old pill bottle.. pack it full of dried out milkweed fluff, drill a 1/4" hole in the lid, use the drill bit to twist up the fluff n pull it back out of the hole, leaving a little milkweed sticking out, just pull out what you need n it always pulls out more like a box of tissue

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use an old pill bottle.. pack it full of dried out milkweed fluff, drill a 1/4" hole in the lid, use the drill bit to twist up the fluff n pull it back out of the hole, leaving a little milkweed sticking out, just pull out what you need n it always pulls out more like a box of tissue

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
That’s a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Coin purse that has a small clip on it so I can clip it to myself walking in and then clip it to my harness as I climb up the tree.
Me too. Bought a 4 pack off amazon in blaze orange. Clip one to my early,mid and late season jackets. One spare

·
wolfey
4,168 Posts
I use sampling bottles. Way nicer than a zip lock bag and last a long time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
922 Posts
I also remove the seeds ( replant them ) and use a pill bottle . Can put a lot in a bottle . I've also use cattails , easy for me to get .

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know why you would go through the trouble of replacing the container they came in. I put a rubber band around the milkweed pod to keep it closed mostly and a clothespin through it to pin it to where it is convenient...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Hunting Public sells milkweed indicator bag with mesh to allow you to pull out a little at a time, but personally I just keep them in the pod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Apparently they resell them with their logo on them, but it looks like the original company that makes them you can buy the pouch and even buy refill milkweed for it. I didnt realize you could even buy milkweed to refill them, I just assumed you had to find it yourself. The original company that makes/sells them is Butterfly Effect Outdoors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts