Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what opinions are on hit system vs standard? Smaller diameter arrow worth more than the protection on the end of the arrow with a standard insert?

·
Registered
23,231 Posts
I have had zero issues with HIT inserts......but I read the Easton directions that come with the shafts and also used their two-part epoxy. Once they are installed, lay them FLAT to cure for 24 hours and you will be fine. Also no issues with the "dead space" between the inner HIT and the point. I have shot them for several years into bag targets, 3D targets, and a big foam block for practice. Also shot them through many animals and taken numerous field practice shots with judo point heads.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've never had a problem with the hit inserts. I shot them in axis and fmj and love them, never a problem with them splintering or anything . I did have 5 deep 6 inserts that were not round, they came out of the package and looked like something had crushed them just enough that they wouldn't go into the shaft. But other than that all of them have worked like they are supposed to. Just follow the instructions .

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I don't know if I had a bad batch or what but I have been shooting axis arrows with HIT inserts for about 10 years now and never had an issue until this year. Just about every one I shot a deer with broke right behind the broadhead. Very disappointing. All deer died but I have never seen arrows do this before. Switching to FMJ next year and see what happens

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Never had any issues with them. In Axis arrows or Rampages.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts