Archery Talk Forum banner

Hog Hunter killed in SC

2293 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  ShootToKill10
:( I just don't know what is wrong with some people. A minimum of lifetime loss of hunting rights should be the punishment.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/18991628/detail.html

WALHALLA, S.C. -- A South Carolina man hunting for hogs died after he was shot by another hunter in his party.

Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis said that 28-year-old Adam Becker of Walhalla was shot once in the abdomen with a shotgun and bled to death Saturday morning.

Addis said the person who shot Becker said he heard movement in the woods and fired. The name of the shooter was not been released.

Addis said results of an autopsy on Becker, along with information collected from deputies and wildlife officials will be sent to prosecutors, who will decide if any charges should be filed.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
36,987 Posts
:( I just don't know what is wrong with some people. A minimum of lifetime loss of hunting rights should be the punishment.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/18991628/detail.html

WALHALLA, S.C. -- A South Carolina man hunting for hogs died after he was shot by another hunter in his party.

Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis said that 28-year-old Adam Becker of Walhalla was shot once in the abdomen with a shotgun and bled to death Saturday morning.

Addis said the person who shot Becker said he heard movement in the woods and fired. The name of the shooter was not been released.

Addis said results of an autopsy on Becker, along with information collected from deputies and wildlife officials will be sent to prosecutors, who will decide if any charges should be filed.
Idiot ,he should be charged with murder & never be allowed to hunt again ..

Prayers go out to the victims family ...

· Registered
25,353 Posts
should should never be able to hunt again and put in jail for a good while. why shoot at something you cant see?

· Registered
10,406 Posts
That crap happens here too during the spring turkey season.Just goes to show that sometimes the most dangerous animals in the woods are the Idiots.

· Registered
3,756 Posts
That is why I no longer go out during modern firearm. Just too many things I saw that made me uncomfortable.

· Corripe Cervisiam
27,938 Posts
Sad day

Pick your hunting partners well....

I used to do hog depredation and hunt behind dogs and once- we ran across one YoYo who took a "Sound shot" at one of our dogs on public ground.

I think the guy soiled himself after having us 3 big PO'd guys get in his face about it ...........but hopefully he learned the easy way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.