Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am going to try something i said i never would. A couple of my buddies from work go every year to a ranch to hunt hogs, i am not real thrilled about hunting a penned animal however the thought of having a freezer full of fresh pork for the winter talked me into it. They have tried every year to talk me into to going and i always decline this year they said i am going and they already paid for it so what the heck im going to try it. To ad maybe a little bit of a challenge i am going to be hunting with a recurve. Just wanted some input good and bad on this subject try not to be to harsh just thought i would at least try it what do you all think.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Please don't try and make it challengeing if your not a great shot with it no need to harrass them anymore then needed i'm not saying there something wrong with this but it does bother me when people look at it that way you had said you wanted to fill your freezer then just do that go and have fun with your friends and get a hog just please take him as fast as you can there is no challenge in hunting anything in a pen your going to kill it no matter how long it take so why prolong it. besides the faster you take the hog the better he will taste.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree totally i am however pretty good with a recurve i competed for several years and have taken several deer with traditional gear, i have always wanted to hunt hogs just not at a ranch. i am having mixed feelings about this i want to go to have a good time with my friends but ethically i am not at peace.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I do under stand i took my son on a buffalo hunt in south dakola and it was on a ranch we used our bows, and evan thow it was 20,000 acers you were going to get one and i just looked at it as a meat hunt and it was well worth the meat as your hog hunt will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts