Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who uses one for target archery? I shoot a cbe now but thinking about trying one of these sights. I shoot everything from indoor to field and 3 d.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I shoot a Hogg Father for 3-D, Spots, and hunting.
it's a great all around sight.
But, to be honest, if you just want one for target, stick with your CBE.

The CBE is a superb target sight and not as heavy as the Hogg Father.
I still have a CBE sight I ordered from Sandy and love it too.
Tim Gillingham used a Hogg Father sight for awhile and did good with it, before switching like he always does.

·
Registered
776 Posts
It does OK, but for target it doesn't have the most precise micro adjustments compared to others.

I shoot a Hogg Father for 3-D, Spots, and hunting.
it's a great all around sight.
But, to be honest, if you just want one for target, stick with your CBE.

The CBE is a superb target sight and not as heavy as the Hogg Father.
I still have a CBE sight I ordered from Sandy and love it too.
Tim Gillingham used a Hogg Father sight for awhile and did good with it, before switching like he always does.

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
I love my hog father. I was shooting an axcel before it and I cannot shoot good enough to tell the difference between a .004" click and a .0015" click. I mean lets consider a .010" fiber that gets burned to a .018"ish diameter. Most .010 pins are going to be .030-.040" diameter. That means that to cover just the fiber optic itself, not including how much bigger it looks because it glows, you need to go 5 clicks on a hog father. To cover the diameter of a hog father fin on the pin itself you have to go 10 clicks. I personally cannot shoot good enough to be able to tell 1 click difference. That being said I have had my bow get nocked over or fall over on multiple occasions and I don't know that I have gone to a tournament and not seen a bow get knocked over. If My hog father hits the ground there will be zero difference in POI or axis settings. If an axcel, cbe, sureloc, etc. hit the ground....odds are not in your favor for everything still being spot on. Yes it has a little more weight but lets be real, its a target bow with pounds of weight added to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts