Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you guys found to be the best material to print out your sight tapes on?

I want to print my tape out on something that is durable and weather resistant.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to try out the Avery Weatherproof Laser Shipping Labels.

But I wanted to see what everyone else is using first.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I ordered HHa optimizer tapes that go out to 80 yards there is not a tape in the pack close enough for me so I'm taking one of the three blank tapes with it and cutting up other tapes with the marks that match in 10 yard sections and glueing on the blank and when it's right it comes with these little strips of clear tape to put over it. Just to explain better all the tapes are numbered well 20-30 is perfect on tape 21 but 30-40 is good on #19 then for 40-50 ect. So a little arts and crafts. I first got my exact marks using masking tape then measure distance and start matching up using accurate measuring devices.bad weather has stopped me from getting the longer distances so not finished yet.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Dang,that explanation wore me plum out!Can't imagine what doing it would do to me.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Just print out your tape on plain paper...Cut the tape to fit your Hogg Father so that you have about 1/16-1/8" room along the width of the tape...Use packing tape, laminate/sandwich the sight tape on both sides with the packing tape, trim to fit on the dial knob...use tape to tape bottom/top 1/4" of the sight tape on the dial knob of the Hogg Father...

Works perfect, simple, waterproof, cheap, and can be removed/reused w/out making a sticky mess on your sight!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
This is what I do. I print out tapes on plain paper, usually 3 or 4 of the same tape. Then I put clear shipping tape over it, and cut one out. I now have two ready to go if I need to replace it. Then I use stick glue on the back, and put that on my hogg father. This sticks well when dry, is easy enough to remove, and the tape mainly protects the paper. I have once had it seep a bit into the sides.

I also end up printing out the full mark chart from OT2 and usually laminate that as a backup in my quiver.

·
#OTR
1,509 Posts
Glow in dark tape bought off ebay. I print tapes off my Tapes program then lay beside the glow in dark tape I am going to put on my sight. I mark it with a sharpie. Works great for my hunting set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts