Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering switching from a hogg father to a tommy or boss hogg. Reason is i would like to shed some weight as my hunting bow has gotten heavy with stabaizer, back bar and hogg father...

I absolutely love my hogg father but it is heavy..........with that said have any of you made this switch and how are the tommy and boss compared to the hogg father,,.

And would you go boss or tommy..

Thanks

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
I am a big Hogg Father fan and use it currently.

I personally like the Boss Hogg a little better than the Tommy. But if quiver mounts are a concern I think the Tommy fits more quivers out there, but the dial is a little hidden.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I own both. Awesome sights but both are a pain to adjust with a quiver on them. The Tommy is more quiver friendly but you have to reach around the quiver to adjust the sight. On the boss Hogg you don't have to go all the way around the quiver but the arrows still cover the dial up

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually take my quiver off ,,,,,,,,is the tommy noticeably lighter then the hogg father?

i own both. Awesome sights but both are a pain to adjust with a quiver on them. The tommy is more quiver friendly but you have to reach around the quiver to adjust the sight. On the boss hogg you don't have to go all the way around the quiver but the arrows still cover the dial up

·
Registered
363 Posts

Here is a picture of my Tommy Hogg sight. You can see how the dial is covered up a little. I normally don't use that front arrow slot due too the accessibility of the dial, but put an arrow on it for the picture so you can see how it's covered.

The boss Hogg is the same way but on the opposite end. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I am just going the opposite way. I sold my Tommy and am awaiting my Father Hogg. The Tommy is a great sight but I want to be able to adjust it in or out to see the sight outline perfect(I don't hunt with it). Cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
I contacted Spot Hogg for length and weight specs between Tommy and Hogg Father. Thought I would share since its frequently asked. Here's what Spot Hogg supplied:

Hogg Father
Single Pin Length. 10.25 inch
Weight. 14.5 oz

Multi-Pin. Length. 11.5 inch
Weight. 16.5 oz

Change in mount holes 4.5 inch

Tommy Hogg
Single Pin. Length. 6 inch
Weight. 11.5 oz

Multi-Pin. Length. 7 inch
Weight. 13.5 oz

Change in mount holes 1.5 inch