Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Sure-Loc Supreme already, but want to try something from the Oregon based Co.?

Do you think this would work? Any one using it?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
worked great for me.
09 fishing-FITA 016.jpg

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
bow

sweet looking rig

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
I've got a Boss Hogg on order for hunting and will be getting a Hogg Father for target use in the future. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Im using a BOSS on my VE for spots w a Specialty scope, seems very solid, but lacks the ability to place firther from the riser, great sight thou

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Im using a BOSS on my VE for spots w a Specialty scope, seems very solid, but lacks the ability to place firther from the riser, great sight thou
Lacks the ability?????:confused: The BOSS is not intended to be moved ? it is a hard mount? If you wanted a sight to slide in/out you should have got the Hogg Father.Those of us who use them absolutely love them understand but using words like "Dont have the ability" May give someone who just skims over the text the idea it somehow should or is lacking in some way?

The Hogg father target sight is by far the best sight on the market right know for alot of reasons.The 2nd/3rd axis adjustment is unparalleled in the industry (micro adj etc).The ratio of the gears allow the sight tape marks to be farther apart for more fine tuning.NO bushings to wear out! No need to level the bar to the bow (Machined level).This sight is the best kept secret in the industry.LOL

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Hey Dan. Take it from akbowhunter, bigGP and myself the Hogg-Father will get it done. As Greg said it's 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments are better than anyother out there. And this is rock solid.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Lacks the ability?????:confused: The BOSS is not intended to be moved ? it is a hard mount? If you wanted a sight to slide in/out you should have got the Hogg Father.Those of us who use them absolutely love them understand but using words like "Dont have the ability" May give someone who just skims over the text the idea it somehow should or is lacking in some way?

The Hogg father target sight is by far the best sight on the market right know for alot of reasons.The 2nd/3rd axis adjustment is unparalleled in the industry (micro adj etc).The ratio of the gears allow the sight tape marks to be farther apart for more fine tuning.NO bushings to wear out! No need to level the bar to the bow (Machined level).This sight is the best kept secret in the industry.LOL

Oh i know, its an All-around sight, i use it for Everything, i have a single up pin, a 5-pin wrapped head,AND use it with a scope, but even as a hard mount it works great for 20yd indoor spots,, sorry GP i should have worded it diffirently:)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Dan. Take it from akbowhunter, bigGP and myself the Hogg-Father will get it done. As Greg said it's 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments are better than anyother out there. And this is rock solid.
Thanks Matt.

As I told you, I'm looking for only OR made stuff.

As I mentioned, I already have a Sure-loc Supreme which I love, but I bought a new bow (again, thanks Matt and Scottie).

What other Co. is from OR btw?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
RamRock-Didnt mean to sound harsh.:darkbeer:

danceswithdingo-I said the best kept secret didn't i? #2-How much do you UNDERSTAND about how the pro archery world works? UMMMMM NONE!:eek: Do yourself a favor and go check out Spot Hoggs website and check out there VAST pro staff. Here is the link....... http://spot-hogg.com/trophy_room/index.php Let me know when you find it because they don't have a PRO staff? I don't mean to rock your world here or anything but if they don't have a huge PRO staff then not seeing a Hogg-father in Korea doesn't really seem all that big a deal now does it? Please refer to item #2. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I couldn't care less about world champions, pro-staff, etc. I live in Costa Rica, and I shoot for fun.

I guess no one would shoot Elite, Athens, Diamond because of this :no:

I just want to support OR products, plain and simple.

Thanks to everyone that has taken this thread as it should be... AND, remember, I already own a Sure-Loc Supreme with a Black Eagle scope.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
RamRock-Didnt mean to sound harsh.:darkbeer:

danceswithdingo-I said the best kept secret didn't i? #2-How much do you UNDERSTAND about how the pro archery world works? UMMMMM NONE!:eek: Do yourself a favor and go check out Spot Hoggs website and check out there VAST pro staff. Here is the link....... http://spot-hogg.com/trophy_room/index.php Let me know when you find it because they don't have a PRO staff? I don't mean to rock your world here or anything but if they don't have a huge PRO staff then not seeing a Hogg-father in Korea doesn't really seem all that big a deal now does it? Please refer to item #2. :confused::confused::confused:
Neuralgia specifically referred to outdoor FITA, 90m stuff not 20 yards. Very few of the archers competing in the World Cup were professionals, indeed most struggle financially to make the tournaments. These are the best in their game, their sights need to handle the repetitive nature of FITA and frankly having all that hardware hanging at the end of a 6 or 9 extention is going to put a lot of stress on that componentry, now I dont mean to rock your world either but many of the people on this site tend to confuse FITA target with the Wednesday night 20yd leagues they shoot, not the 144 full 90m FITA or 70m Ranking and matchplay rounds.
Neuralgia, you would have had the opportunity to see these archers up close in the Santa Domingo round perhaps. Its good to shoot for fun. You already have a great target sight and wont benefit from purchasing the hoggfather. As for the other brands you mentioned, Im sure if they invested in the R&D to produce a FITA specific bow like Hoyt, PSE and Mathews then you would see them being used, possibly even in the world cup. Why the particular interest in OR? :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dances,

I attended OSU (Corvallis).

For some reason, I'd like to keep my bows with different setups.

My Sureloc will stay on the bow it's on right now, also my rest, peep, stab, etc.

Right now I'm still gathering info on how to set up my new Commander, and because of that was curios about the Spot Hogg's sights.

To be honest, my 1st option right now is the Axcel 4500, with an Specialty Scope (4x) maybe... (still deciding here also).

Peep would be Specialty, and with rest I'm going with Trophy Taker or AEE/Cavalier.

For stab, I'll try Jim Posten's stabs.

The release is the only one I won't change, I love my Carter Target 4... but who knows, might try BT someday ;)

Arrows, still have new dozen GoldTips... but will change eventually to ACC's.

PS: For some reason, I'm looking forward for the OTHER bow I'l' get someday :oops:

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Dances,

I attended OSU (Corvallis).

For some reason, I'd like to keep my bows with different setups.

My Sureloc will stay on the bow it's on right now, also my rest, peep, stab, etc.

Right now I'm still gathering info on how to set up my new Commander, and because of that was curios about the Spot Hogg's sights.

To be honest, my 1st option right now is the Axcel 4500, with an Specialty Scope (4x) maybe... (still deciding here also).

Peep would be Specialty, and with rest I'm going with Trophy Taker or AEE/Cavalier.
For stab, I'll try Jim Posten's stabs.

The release is the only one I won't change, I love my Carter Target 4... but who knows, might try BT someday ;)

Arrows, still have new dozen GoldTips... but will change eventually to ACC's.

PS: For some reason, I'm looking forward for the OTHER bow I'l' get someday :oops:
What the heck. You aren't going with a Spot-Hogg rest. DingoDancer can't argue this one. And for the record, at least for me, the Axcel is no better than the Hogg-Father for FITA. bigGP and myself put up some pretty good scores in the long distance stuff with the SH.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Matt, actually, I'll get one of them, to place it on the "old" bow, the Infinity will be with me forever and ever ;)

So, just Spot Hogg and Bowtech/Diamond from OR?

I'd like to read a review of the Father, or a video or something, but the only thing I read is that Spot Hogg is one of the best brands of the market, which gives me good info, but not the one I'm looking for.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
You won't find a lot published on the HF because it is new and like Dingo said they don't give them away to struggling archers who shoot around the world. There are a lot of great archers using them in Oregon. Greg (bigGP) set a course record at the Nevada City Safari with his, 4 down for the weekend. I know that in FITA you don't move your sight a lot, but if you were to do Field you would see how smooth and acurate these are. I have owned them all and all are very good but the HF has the best of all of them. Cabe, Josh and the rest of Spot-Hogg put a ton of R&D time into these. The only two sights that I have left are the HF and the Shibuya. Good luck with your decision, I wish that you could see one in person before buying one it would make your decision easier one way or the other.

Reo just won the world with his Spot-Hogg rest. You know then that it must be good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts