Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive heard that there is hogs in PA but havent seen any. I was wondering if anyone who has any idea where to find them at? I live in Pittsburgh and was just curious.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
bradford county on the NY line. i live 5 miles down the road from where they all got loose from a game farm. over a hundred got loose i guess.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Two pf my buddies hunt in Bradford county.
The game warden told them if they see any hogs they were fair game.
Wondered how they got there, thought it may be the case that they got loose from a farm.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
didn't know if you meant "game farms" when first saw this. A "friend":D has 100 acres he leases from the almish and has them there. It is near Edinboro (Millvillage I believe).

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
I'm not far from the area in Bradford Co that daveohnson2 is referring to. A few years ago I had a couple on my property, tore my orchard up! Neighbors reportedly shot them. SGL 219 is supposed to hold some. I talked to a QDM guy up there that has run em with dogs.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I saw a couple wild hogs two blocks south of Primantes downtown...but those probably aren't the kind you're talking about either...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wolfendales in Indiana has been know to be a good spot. In all seriousness I've been told that they are in the Ebensburg area.

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
there are sections in Bradford county where they are...but good luck finding them.

people in that area....no offense to locals.....speak a ton of lies up there. they will tell you they saw them somewhere but didnt....tell you their buddy shot one but didnt...you get the idea

there were a few killed up in the mountains during bear drives...but its not like they are running everywhere.

you are more then welcome to go hunt them....just dont go walking through the woods during a non-hunting season because the PGC will have a field day on you

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
they are in bedford county on rainsburg mountian

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I've also been told that they are in the Ebensburg area. I've never hunted them though. Don't think that they're in great numbers, but not sure?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts