Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything wrong with my form?I seem to have problems holding low on the spot,is it form or stabilizer or something else?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I would say your DL is too long, bud. By quite a bit actually. See how you're leaning back AND you have a bunch of string digging into your cheek, plus the hyper-extended bow arm? Any one of these would be a sign, all three are for sure.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
D Short JMO but sounds like a form of TP. I know cause I fight it every once in a while. Has nothing to do with equipment

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I agree with bardman...holding low on the spot has nothing to do with equipment. But I have a question...why would you want to hold low on the spot??? Why aren't you aiming for the center?
I think the OP is referring that he seems to be holding low...as much a he looks to aim center. I agree with the earlier comment that it's a form of TP...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
shorten the draw length and lower the peep. Also could be a stronger bottom limb, try taking 1/2 turn off the bottom limb. Are the tiller measurements the same?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with bardman...holding low on the spot has nothing to do with equipment. But I have a question...why would you want to hold low on the spot??? Why aren't you aiming for the center?
I never thought of that,but then i would have to adjust my sights.He,He.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have a hole in your shirt!
Very observative,but it has 5 actually-1 for my head,1 for left arm,1 for right arm,1 for waist,and as you noticed 1 for something else.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had a similar issue to you. i took out 1/4 turn out from the top limb and that helped me get into the center. your DL does look long tho. the stiff bow hand is a giveaway.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One says bottom limb,One says top limb;only one can be right-which is it??????????

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I would say shorten it up atleast a half inch maybe an inch I think an inch is gonna be better I had the same problem and when I tried to use back tension I could not get my bow to fire now i am an inch shorter and much more steady but you could always try to just move your peep and see how that works but imo your draw is long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts