Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my Hoyt dealer today and he had the Fuse quiver/sight combo with the Satori quiver and the 500 fiber wrap pins and was making me a very tempting offer. I decided I'd put it on the bow and do a little look-see for myself. Well, a couple of shots later and I was throwing down the $$.
This stuff is amazing! I thought my set up was pretty quiet with the Viper Predator Hunter sight, not a lot to vibrate and make noise, but GEEZ! This Fuse stuff really does work! Not to mention the quiver is adjustable up and down to accomodate arrow length. The Ejector Pin Technology is a real nice feature too. I have the Hoyt removable quiver made by Bohning and much like some others have posted this week, you have to work too hard to remove that thing and it is impossible to make it a quiet affair. The EPT on the Fuse is slick! Once it's open, to put it back on you just push it in place and it automatically flips the locking lever closed for you. One handed operation is easy!
I can't believe I actually feel like the price is worth it, I'm very suprised.
All I can say is try it, you'll be suprised too!
Here's a pic or two of the vipertec with the fuse stuff on it...NICE :shade:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
20 years ago PSE came out with a Sight & Bow Quiver Combo

When the BQ took hard blow there went you sights.

It didn't catch on

Looks liek Fuse has copies the Twin Carbon Rods of the Alpine Soft Lock that I have used for the last 3 years or so

Thanks TINK

Attachments

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Tink,
I don't think the carbon rods are a new or unique thing since Alpine did it first, but I will say this locking system on the Fuse is as solid a locking mechanism as I've seen. I don't think you could run over it with my truck and have it pop loose!! :wink: It reminds me of a window sash lock that is dovetailed to fit super snug and no budging, can't wiggle it a lick! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I shot my bow for an hour this morning. I can't believe this thing is actually quieter with the removable quiver ON than off! I've always taken the quiver off, but I shot better with it on than off and less noise!
Awesome!!!

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Yes I agree the SIMS like a giant set of Limb Savers onthe side of the bow

Most of your better bowhunters never take off bowquivers while hunting defeats the purpose as bowquivers were made for a fast second shot which goes to hell in a hand basket when you take it off and hide it in a tree or blind.

You use a bowquiver to carry spare arrows and a fast second shot and you defeat the purpose when you get in the tree Duh?

We didn't recommend/allow them to be used on Safari for many many reasons.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Tink,
Looks like you and I got our own private little thread here! :wink:
I agree, I missed a turkey last spring when it turned on a dime just as I released, couldn't get that second arrow out of the quiver that was laying beside me. No second shot on that bird!
I have always taken my quiver off in the tree stand but I'm going to leave this bugger on for sure.
I was looking at the Alpine quivers and was about to buy the Bear claw(?), but this one has a sight combined with the quiver and it cleans up my bow a little. I've already got a buyer for my Viper sight if he can come up with the cash, and my Hoyt dealer was making me a great offer. So, I thought I'd give this one a try knowing I could sell it and keep the Viper if I didn't like it.
I do like the Alpine quivers though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.