Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a road trip to pick up a Motorcycle and a trailer for a friend... Starting in Bozeman, MT turning around in Reno, NV and Back to Bozeman. This got me a little excited to have a chance to see some animals in other states and maybe spark the interest of planing a out of state hunt next year.....WRONG!!! Is it just me or does NEVADA FLAT OUT SUCK? Honestly (and I mean no disrespect) but that state might have a total of 6 blades of grass if its lucky. Talk about the longest most boring road trip I have ever taken. Let me warn everyone... you would rather smash your hand with a hammer daily than live in NEVADA, let me put it this way... Give me the option to set myself on fire or live in that area and I'd be digging around for some flint ASAP. I've been in the Reno area twice now and Vegas area as well and I'm curious if the whole state is the same or if there is better habitat for wild game somewhere. ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE PAIN OF DRIVING THROUGH NOTHING??????

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
I love it there because everyone thinks its a barren wasteland.:zip:

· aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I love it there because everyone thinks its a barren wasteland.:zip:
I just wish that made the draw easier.:rolleyes:

Nevada has it's places.....:zip:

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
Of course if you're not interested in such things...

Attachments

· Registered
1,341 Posts
HAHAHHAHA NUMBER ONE POST OF THE YEAR HAHAHHAHAHHA... I feel the same way when I go to stutgart and all the rice places in arkansas and some places in texas by the pan handle of oaklahoma.. and not because theres no game but because its so flat holly cow

· Registered
3,720 Posts
Grew up in KC and when we would go skiing in Colorado we would leave at 10PM and drive western KS all night and see Pike's Peak at sunrise. Dodging tumbleweed on the interstate was about as fun as it got.

It seems that 25yrs later I actually enjoy driving it during the day. I notice the little things I never had before in my youth.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
pretty funny post,,,but apparently you have never been out of the western part of the US. Go take a tour through IOWA along 80,,yeah I know they got big bucks but I think IOWA stands for I Otta Went Around.
Rodney!!! What about the worlds largest truck stop? How can you gloss over that. http://www.iowa80truckstop.com/

Almost as great as the Corn Palace:wink:

G

·
There is plenty of Wildlife in NV, you're just not going to see many of them from the roadway.

Lots of Big bucks, big elk, big antelope and my favorite,,, TONS OF COYOTES...

· Registered
131 Posts
Bozeman is beautiful. Went to school there and worked for MSU for a few years afterwards.

The southbound drive through Nevada is BRUTAL. It really reminded me of the old Road Runner cartoon where the background just keeps cycling behind him and never changes.

I have a buddy who's a Nevada State Trooper and he drives those roads all day, every day. I don't know how he does it.

Demo Dick

G

·
I have a buddy who's a Nevada State Trooper and he drives those roads all day, every day. I don't know how he does it.

Demo Dick

Funny you mention that. I grew up on the East Coast and after being out west for the last 13 years, I can't stand driving anywhere East of Oklahoma city. I feel like I'm in a tunnel and can't see farther than 1/2 mile at any time..

· Registered
131 Posts
I'm a MT boy and only moved to upstate NY a few years ago. I don't mind driving ALL day, but I need to see something change once in a while. NV's highways are like driving through the Sahara. That's probably not a bad thing if you live there, though.

Demo Dick

· Registered
131 Posts
Funny you mention that. I grew up on the East Coast and after being out west for the last 13 years, I can't stand driving anywhere East of Oklahoma city. I feel like I'm in a tunnel and can't see farther than 1/2 mile at any time..
I'm a MT boy and only moved to upstate NY a few years ago. I don't mind driving ALL day, but I need to see something change once in a while. NV's highways are like driving through the Sahara. That's probably not a bad thing if you live there, though.

Demo Dick

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Of course if you're not interested in such things...

No wonder you're "smiling Bob". That is a TOAD. How wide is that buck? 14 or 15 inches? :wink: Is that one of yours Bob?

BTW Thanks for being my freind. When are we gonna go chasing some bucks like that.................FREIND. :rolleyes:

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
14"x3

:wink:
No wonder you're "smiling Bob". That is a TOAD. How wide is that buck? 14 or 15 inches? :wink: Is that one of yours Bob?

BTW Thanks for being my freind. When are we gonna go chasing some bucks like that.................FREIND. :rolleyes:
Its only 41-1/2" wide...not as big as Idaho bucks.:wink:

Dad's buck, but I rode alot of NW Nevada as a young man and saw one other that size on a fairly regular basis.

WhenI find another like it I'll invite you along. If its every twenty years I'm a little overdue.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pretty funny post,,,but apparently you have never been out of the western part of the US. Go take a tour through IOWA along 80,,yeah I know they got big bucks but I think IOWA stands for I Otta Went Around.
Iowa at least has vegetation!!! If you broke down you could just hop out of your truck, take 3 steps and eat some CORN. All you got in NV is Sagebrush and some crazy arse crispy earth... I'm kinda thinkin it wouldn't taste as good as the ol' 79 cent Totinos Pizza.:pukey:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.