Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am very intrested in building a home brew trail cam. i have been searching around and found alot of products that i can buy. but not as much info on how to build one. i am just looking for a little help whats the best im not looking for a cheap starter per say but a good high quality camera and want to learn how to build them love the challange . i would like the input and some good helpful hints.

G

·
Buy one with a Sony P32 camera and then carefully take it apart to see how it has been hacked.....That is how I learned....
On the boards- I personally think that the Bigfoot board are the easiest...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
you may get lucky by searching the diy section. it's possible someone has tackled this one before.
Good luck!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have looked unless i missed something i thought there would of been some kind of right up on one its kinda strange. i even went on youtube to see if there was anything and i was suprised there wasn't

·
Registered
822 Posts
Check out the Trail Cam tutorial (sticky) at the top of the game camera section. It shows step by step how to build a trailcam. You can also use the search feature to find out how to hack different cameras. Most of the trailcam parts suppliers have info on them as well.

·
Lurker Extraordinaire
9,242 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
First off choose the camera you plan on useing. For your first one id suggest a P32 or a P41. They both take good pictures and easy to hack. The P32 will be cheaper and trailcam supply has good deals on them
http://www.trailcamsupply.com/bargain_basement.htm
Once you figure out the camera you are useing we will gladly help you along the way.
As for cases there are a few options to use

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,509 Posts
There is

a real good tutorial in the stickies of this forum that Buckshot posted a while back.

You can also acess this index page - it is the place to visit for Homebrewers

http://www.d.umn.edu/~shall/Homebrews.htm

I would start with a p32 for your first build - buy the shutter assembly from BFotdoors - it is only $.75 but worth so much more. A kit would be a good idea for your first build as well. it will cost a littel more, but you will have everything that you need at your finger tips. WTS has some nice kits, but Daryl has been struggling to keep his products in stock.

Hit me with a PM if you need anything else.....

·
Do it in style!
2,241 Posts
to hack a certain camera goto one of the board makers websites and they have pdf files you can read most are very well done and easy to follow. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts