Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make my own soon and want to see what others have done. My plan is to make one that accepts BH and field points. I got a metal frame from work that is 3 feet square and 5 feet tall. I'm going to use wood as a bottom/sides. On the back I'm going to use a piece of the blue insulation foam because it is so dense. as the stuffing wears out it will stop the points still and I know to get more. for the stuffing I have 4 garbage bags stuffed full of free cellophane shrink wrap. For the front I’m going to use the cheap vinyl window screen.

I wanted something for BH as I am wearing the 18-1 out to fast (I want to keep it to bring to friends houses). I have 2 options.

1)I figured for $30 I can buy the replacement 3D vitals that will take BH's. so If I put it in the middle, I now have a place to shoot BH's. It is cheaper then 120 to replace each year

2) My brother can get free foam from work (looks like the stuff the block is made out of)

what do you all think of this idea?

And lets see your creations:)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I get the foam ballast out of river barges from my cousin. Use a 2x4 to prop it up

·
Registered
319 Posts
Drop the shrink wrap and start collecting clothes, unless you like wrestling with your target to get the arrows out. I'm beeing 100% serious it took me two hands and a foot sometimes to get my arrows out of my shrink wrap target. I've since then built one out of old clothes two finger pulls every single time. Shrink wrap= :thumbs_do Old clothes=:shade:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drop the shrink wrap and start collecting clothes, unless you like wrestling with your target to get the arrows out. I'm beeing 100% serious it took me two hands and a foot sometimes to get my arrows out of my shrink wrap target. I've since then built one out of old clothes two finger pulls every single time. Shrink wrap= :thumbs_do Old clothes=:shade:
thanx for the heads up. i'm going to ahve to use it tho untill I can get enough cloths haha

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
F.C. I have used both methods (cellophane and clothes) an the old clothes definitely work very well, however I have made 9 cellophane targets for my archery class that I teach and for my own use and have never had a problem pulling my arrows. Did the arrows that you use have a shiny finish on them causing them to stick or something? Just curious. I think my next target project is going to be a permanent clothing type target in my back yard.

·
Registered
542 Posts
12x12x18 box filled with clothes and duct taped on the back and bottom with a paper target on the front...

Cost = $0.00
Weight = about 10lbs (i used my old jeans as filler)
Ease of arrow pull = VERY easy
Ease to make = VERY VERY easy
Longevity = will last forever as long as i keep replacing the front of the box every few hundred shots.

:slice:

·
Registered
542 Posts
12x12x18 box filled with clothes and duct taped on the back and bottom with a paper target on the front...

Cost = $0.00
Weight = about 10lbs (i used my old jeans as filler)
Ease of arrow pull = VERY easy
Ease to make = VERY VERY easy
Longevity = will last forever as long as i keep replacing the front of the box every few hundred shots.

:slice:

·
Registered
319 Posts
budalcorn I've shot both types of arrows into them shiny and non shiny and they were both a beast to pull out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts