Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11 homebrew trail cameras and lots of extras. $495 firm tyd
I've sold homebrew cameras on AT before and you can see that my feedback is excellent.
In this case however, I will ONLY sell to an experienced homebrewer (cameras, not beer :wink:), or someone who considers themselves very handy and is willing to take these on without ongoing support from me. All details are provided below and this sale will be 'as is'.
Homebrews by definition take some regular maintenance and toubleshooting but often pay dividends in sharp images. This ongoing work is my primary reason for getting out of the game. I love all the pictures but just don't have the patience for it anymore and getting older, with so many, I tend to forget where I hang them :embara:
For each camera, I list the specs (using standard homebrew shorthand), status and any known issues. These cams range in age from two weeks old to several years.
All of my cams have the pipe through design and work well with a python lock. Most have a toothed bracket on the back to grip the tree and angle the camera downwards slightly.
Included are about 40 Sony memory sticks - most are 256-512MB
4 memory stick pro duo (1 512, 2x 1GB, 1 2GB)
I'm also including a Powerex MAHA MH-C9000 charger/analyser and a bunch of NMiH AA batteries. That charger is about $50 on Amazon.
6 Python locks
Various parts cameras

Camera 1: Walmart case, Sony P52, simple sniper board, HPWA lens, camera powers on/takes pix **water leaks in case

Camera 2: Walmart case, Sony P52, simple sniper board, HPWA lens, camera powers on/takes pix **water leaks in case

Camera 3: Walmart case, Sony P52, simple sniper board, HPWA lens, camera powers on/takes pix. Brand New build. Only been in woods for one week to test. No leak.

Camera 4: Pelican case, Sony S600, SSS board, stereo jack, HPWA lens, camera powers on/takes great 6MP pix **minor leak near switch. This one works but doesn't seem to take as many pictures as I think it should. Buckshot tweaked the build and added the HPWA lens last year.

Camera 5: Walmart case, Sony S40, Yeti board, wide angle fresnel, camera powers on/takes pic, wiring is good but board triggers no picture. Email sent to yeticam - previously on a similar issue Mark had suggested replacing mosfet

Camera 6: Walmart case, Sony S40, Yeti board, wide angle fresnel, camera powers on for review but wont take pic, ***New, unhacked S40 included so buyer can replace this****.

Camera 7: Walmart case, Sony P52, SSS board, wide angle fresnel, camera powers on/takes pix **water leaks in case, glass over flash cracked

Camera 8: Pelican case, Sony P41, yeti board, stereo jack, wide angle fresnel, camera powers on/takes pix **uses the stereo jack to power on (power button on camera doesn't work). Of all the cameras, this has taken the most big bucks pix but have gotten false triggers lately

Camera 9: Walmart case, simple sniper board, HPWA lens, This was used with a Sony P32 but ants got in the case and ruined the camera. I'm including an unhacked Sony P52 for this case but the case will need to be reworked to fit it.

Camera 10: Walmart case, Sony P52, yeti board, HPWA lens, camera powers on/takes pix

Camera 11: Walmart case, Sony S40, simple sniper board, HPWA lens, camera powers on for review and about 70% of the time for pix. **water leaks in case

The pics below were taken by these cameras or identical ones - not all the pics are like this but these results are possible.
cams.JPG
close_up.JPG
4bux.JPG
velvet2.JPG
splits_mid_aug2.JPG

·
Registered
741 Posts
homebrewing

I have considered homebrewimg since Im handy and cheap to boot. I dont see any sense in paying so much money for theoutdated technology in todays trail cameras. Wish i knew more about homebrewing because i'd probably jump all over this deal.

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sold pending payment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.