Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cleaning out some old totes of hunting stuff and found some of my old and ugly homebrew trailcam builds from years ago.
Does anybody still build their own these days?

I have a yeti S40 fast board / an SS s600 board (I see these are still for sale online) / Bigfoot board with separate slave controller (was used on an IR w55 build)
All boards tested good, didnt bother with the cameras. Are they still worth anything these days, hate to just throw them away.

Not trying to sell here just curious if anybody still makes there own these days or has the quality of manufactured ones done away with them?

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Yes the Commercial Game Cameras Today have many better features. for me the Whiteflash seem to spook the bucks and would get a pic or 2 switch to all commercial black flash and get many bucks often. Plus most did not do Video where as some of the newer cams do video with good resoultion 1920 x 1080. All I do now is Video.... Even the red glow have some deer avoid the cams at least for me. As soon as Switch one from a homebrew white flash to a black flash and with a few days bucks were captured in videos and I have 4 homebrews with now / then Yeti was using Pix Controller till they stop selling their boards. Mark from yeti stop making his boards as well as the market seem to dry up. I am not even sure Hag's House is active there was a Guy here that was into supporting homebrews and has a sticky but have not see him post anything in a while. Homebrews were good for their time. But that time has past I would say... A homebrew builder think his Name was Don is not switched to commercial cams and sold most of his stuff off a year or so back and he is using Browning Spec Ops now.
Times have changed...
LFM

·
Registered
498 Posts
Post some pics if you don’t mind. I may be interested in the S600. I still have one that’s working great and it’s about 6-7 years old. Homebrew cams seem to be a thing of the past due to limited cameras and parts. You can’t beat the pic quality of a good S600 build. Here’s a pic of the one I still have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Post some pics if you don’t mind. I may be interested in the S600. I still have one that’s working great and it’s about 6-7 years old. Homebrew cams seem to be a thing of the past due to limited cameras and parts. You can’t beat the pic quality of a good S600 build. Here’s a pic of the one I still have.
I already pulled the assemblies apart. I figured I'd sell the boards for like $25 with a free parts camera (cameras could be fine but haven't bothered testing them to be honest) and a free python lock (I found one for each camera)
Not really looking to make any $$ just hate to throw them away.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Oh I gotcha...no biggie. You should be able to get that out of them. Maybe try reaching out to 12 Ringer (Joe).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts