Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a complete Yeti Cam system and a Sony S600. Is there anything else I should need to complete this build? Besides a soldering iron and some patience...

· Registered
13,490 Posts
be very careful, when soldering. you may want to get a magnifire head set the contacts are tiny and it makes it much easier to solder them. best of luck..:wink:

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys that should help! Now I can't wait till the stuff comes in the mail. Hope it works better than my StealthCam.

· Registered
385 Posts
thanks for the info guys that should help! Now I can't wait till the stuff comes in the mail. Hope it works better than my StealthCam.
If you get the s600 done right (and I must write it is not a good choice for a first hack) the only thing you will do with the Stealth is use it in high risk areas and hope someone steals it :eek:.

· Registered
16 Posts
If you get the s600 done right (and I must write it is not a good choice for a first hack) the only thing you will do with the Stealth is use it in high risk areas and hope someone steals it :eek:.

Well there you go and B***H slap my hopes in getting it done right the first time. Haha just kidding. I'm pretty good with small wires and stuff like that. And if I need any help. Im sure someone here will help me out! And Go Razorbacks! Woops I signed in with my buddies Username. This is CF7GO.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a s600 hack tutorial on this forum that may help.
I JUST got done reading it. You do some great work man! Looks like I'm going to buy some more tools to help me. In your hack do you list the bit size to take the tiny bolts out of the camera? Torx I am assuming....

· Registered
879 Posts
I've done a couple dozen S600 mods, but differently than Buckshots hack. Different common contact, no fast-hack and different servo. I made a couple for a member here that was having trouble and followed Buckshot's instructions. They are very clear and easy to follow.

A few things:
  • Pay close attention to how it comes apart, and how the pieces will have to be maneuvered to reassemble it.
  • Remove the back cover with the LCD facing up, so it doesn't flop out and tear the ribbon cable.
  • Be careful removing and re-installing the power board from and to the L-shaped piece so you don't break off the small gray tab that holds it in place.
  • Stay clear of the flash capacitor contacts (tape over them temporarily if you need to) or you will get the crap shocked out of you!
  • Scrape the power contact point clean of the yellow plastic coating before soldering or it won't stick.
  • Tin your wires first, then put them in place and touch them with the soldering iron. This avoids getting too much solder on and around the contact points which could mean bridging your refresh(if you use it) and shutter wires to the shiny plates housing the contact points.
  • Route your wires clear of the power button, or you will have problems powering the camera on and the repetetive pressure will eventually break your wires loose.
  • Most importantly, take your time. You may want to walk away for a bit and come back to it later.

Good luck!

· Registered
6,055 Posts
Great advice

That is great advice. I don`t completely remove the front cover. To many problems and I don`t like getting shocked. If you do remove the front tape the capacitor solder points. It will hurt your arm and burn your skin. I have done this to many times. If you are not sure where the capacitor is someone will post a picture. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.