Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after building several versions of tree stands using used barbaque frame tubing scavenged at the local dump I settled on this design which used less tubing and gave a stronger frame. The stand measures 30" deep and 37" wide at the widest point. Weighs 19 lbs. It is very stable when ratchet straped to the tree, the extra large base is real nice. I'm going to make a couple of small changes like a more comfortable seat with back rest and a foot rest but this is the best stand I've been in and I made it myself.

Attachments

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
loadtest

forgot to mention doing a loadtest on the stand. Had my brother and myself on the stand and did some light bouncing. Held up well with about 330lbs bouncing on it

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Great job best looking home built stand I have seen but that seat:pukey: cover it up you will get tree stand butt:teeth:

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bbq frame

all scavenged bbq tubing from the local landfill. had to sneak in on sundays to get materials because its illegal to remove stuff from a landfill

· Registered
5,643 Posts
Awesome stand!:thumbs_up Be sure to get that bbq smell out or the bears are gonna be salivating.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.