Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an article on how to make your own arrow storage container a while back

(I think they used pvc tubing?)

anyway just wondering if anyone knows where I can find that article?

Thanks
Francis

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know where the article is, but I use a piece of 2" Schedule 40 PVC with 2 end caps and NEVER worry about my arrows. 8 years of "baggage goons" and no damage to my arrows yet. Put a piece of foam in the ends and glue one cap on. Works like a champ. Also will hold 2 dozen X-10s and a dozen Bemans. Make the tube an inch or so longer than your longest arrows. A pretty bullet-proof setup.

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you use for end caps?

also, it probably wouldnt be a good idea to put broadheads on the arrows while they are being transported hey?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just use the proper sized end cap...IE 2" end cap for 2" PVC pipe. And NO, broadheads need to be stored separately. Just be sure and mark them so that they can be reunited with their corresponding arrow shaft.

·
Registered
25 Posts
another way

I also saw a show on tv on how to make a arrow holder. I beleive they also used pvc. They cut it in half and bought a long hinge(don't know name of it) atatched hinge to one side of tubingwith little screws or rivets, they used latches on the other side. As far as end cabs i can't remember what they used but if you go to hardware store i'm sure you can find a pvc end cab you can glue on to each end. They then inserted foem in it to hold arrows so you could use it for broadheads. they painted it black when it was done. The longbow trick shooter was the one who made it.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Get down to Office World or somewhere. Architects drawings tube - extends all the way to 45" for those of you who resemble Shaquille O'Neal; lots of space; shoulder strap for easy carrying; all that sort of stuff. And about $10, probably.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For end caps you use either a female or male adapter and a threaded plug for the ends. They come in sizes ranging from 1-1/2, 2, 3, 4, and probably 5 and 6 inch. Home Depot, Lowes, or your local plumbing supply lumber yard should carry them. I fixed up a piece of 4" sewer & drain 3034 pipe for carrying fishing rods to Canada and it worked great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts