Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there just bought a 60 pound bear grizzly. And im used to 45 pounders. Trying to be creative and make my own draw clicker to make sure in get the string all the way back, but ive never seen or used a clicker. Being a carpenter the metalic click of a tape measure breaking at 10' or so sounds alot like a clicker. So the idea is using abou a 1 1/2 piece of tape and a string pulling back on the backside. Then should snap a full draw. Am I on the right track or not let me know.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I shoot both recurve unaided and FITA through a clicker. I shoot the 45lb bow as if I were shooting a clicker using back tension on the back side and pushing on the front side by extending the draw shoulder. I would not recommend anyone shoot a 60 lb bow through a clicker. Your would be much better off continuing the shoot the 45 bow and work into the 60 lb draw weight by doing a The draw to full draw hold to aim ,repeat 10 to 15 reps 2 to 3 sets. Draw to full draw and hold as long as you can. Repeat 10 to 15 reps 2-3 sets. See Kisik Lee's total archery site for a better explanation. Keep a log to track your progress. I use my 60 lb bow for strength training to improve my control of my shot with my 45# bow with very good strength gains. I now shoot 100 arrows several nights a week out of the 60lb bow. A month to a month and a half training with the heavy weight bow is much less agonizing than getting involved with a clicker with a 60 lb bow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts