Archery Talk Forum banner

Homemade Lighted nock

30331 Views 186 Replies 99 Participants Last post by  ToxArch1
Hey if you are like me you hunt on a budget and the store brands are to pricey check out this video. I built some of these last night and they work awesome. For the price of a three pack in the store I was able to build six of them. I noticed no difference in arrow flight. If any body wants to see pictures let me know and I will update this post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
diagram thanks to hunt

· Registered
402 Posts
Very sweet!!!

Think I may make a few of my own. I honestly think Lumenok used the same technology to do theirs. I called over the Lindy to ask what I could expect in the amount of lifetime in their batteries / lights. I was told approx. 60-80 hours with moderate use. So for at least 1/3 the price I can make the same product as Burt Coyote does and get 1.5-2X the life. I am sold.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thill lights

I got mine at Cabelas for 3.79 apiece

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I found the lights in the fishing department at the Cabelas in LaVista you can get the light by themselves and dont have to be bought with the bobber

· Registered
473 Posts
I think Walmart had the lights for 2.50 they sell fast so when you see them buy them up.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update on these my neighbor and I built some and used them hunting. He shot a spike buck his arrow did a pass thru not only did the nock light at the shot but stayed lit after the arrow stuck in a log on the other side. The one that I built the doe I shot rolled over on the arrow and the the nock was sitll lit

· Registered
844 Posts
Tried making two of these last night, the second one turned out pretty good. wifes picking me up more lights today when she goes shopping, now that I screwed up a little this next group should turn out great.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
No glue for LED's

Hey everyone.... have ever screwed up any of these nocks???? There is a much simpler way of making them. When you drill the nock use the next size bigger drill bit (11/64") sticks in my head. Don't bother glueing the LED to the nock.... just remove the nock and "click" the light off. Works much better and you won't have to worry about screwing up the light with glue or pins or what ever. Everyone I have ever screwed up has been at the "glue the LED to the nock" stage. I am about 50/50 for this. Now I am 100%....

Hope this helps..

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My sights are still the same

· G5 killing machine
4,843 Posts
Those are awesome. You guys should make some and sell em. I know alot of people don't want to take the time to make something like that. I got one from Easton but haven't tried it yet. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure how to install the stuff it came with. I have to put a magnet and Velcro on my bow and I don't know if I would want to do that. If you guys go to sell a couple let me know.
Lisa

· Registered
1,661 Posts
Quick question. I just made a lighted nock off of these instructions for my Easton Axis Full metal jacket arrow. I had to drill out the inside of the nock so the light would fit, I then drilled a small hole on the side of the light and used a dental pic to shove super glue down the hole. Now when i put the nock into the arrow, the light turns on and I cant get the light to turn off unless I pull the whole thing out, which is a pain to do because it is so tight.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Try sanding the nock that is on the out side of the arrow. You want it to slide in to the arrow pretty easy but not to loose then the nock that is holding the base of the battery is the stop and you should be able to turn the light off after tat with out removing the whole thing. Let me know how that works. Tanner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.