Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been messing with my nocks and bobber lights trying to figure out the best working luminock. I've been having a lot of complications. If you have any good ideas, tips, or stories about homemade luminocks, post away! And pictures please!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have "been there done that" and you are way better off to just buy them. I glued a bobber light into a nock. I then took another nock and cut it in half and glued the bobber light, battery end, into the straight part of that nock. That part of the nock needs to be tighter than the nock itself inside the arrow. I had lots of trial and error. I would have several good factory made lighted nocks now if I had just spent the $ on them first. Though its fun to play around with them.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Yea..just buy luminocks. Stay away from nokturnals since they are made by rage now

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have "been there done that" and you are way better off to just buy them. I glued a bobber light into a nock. I then took another nock and cut it in half and glued the bobber light, battery end, into the straight part of that nock. That part of the nock needs to be tighter than the nock itself inside the arrow. I had lots of trial and error. I would have several good factory made lighted nocks now if I had just spent the $ on them first. Though its fun to play around with them.
Haha exactly!!! Ive don't that my self but if it's not one thing it's another!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea..just buy luminocks. Stay away from nokturnals since they are made by rage now
I will defiantly keep that in mind, last season I was down to one arrow so I went out bought two arrows and two luminocks to go with them and that next morning a shot one at a coon on my walk to the stand, light didn't come on, and then shot a hog from the stand, light didn't come n. I lost both arrows, 40 bucks right down the drain!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If I had to do all that work to build one, I'd never make them again either. I make them all the time and not near as difficult as your instructions. Wife and I have been using mine for 3 years now and love them. Only one nock needed, one battery and a little wire, simple!!

·
Registered
16,486 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone have a source for the LED's? All the stuff I can find will work, but it's not the right shape or mounting style I'd like.
here is my source
http://www.ledtronics.com/product_category.aspx?id=316
I get them at academy sports and outdoors where the disc golf and Frisbee are, I have also bought walmarts over stock clearance cross bow luminocks and got the lights out of them, the end up going for around 2 bucks a piece, there smaller lights

·
Registered
16,486 Posts
thanks...I'll keep an eye out for that.

Can't find anything now...all seem to be too expensive-- If you find a link on the less expensive route, can you post a link.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Amazon has disc golf lights that are EXACTLY the same thing as bobber lights for much less. About a buck a piece if you are so inclined to buy 6 or 8 of them.
But like some others have said, it's fun to tinker. But the return on time invested is poor... :) They are fun to build and shoot until one stops working and you can't end it back to yourself for warranty.... :) I actually poke the problematic ones into my foam target and try to shoot them out. That's more fun to me... :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazon has disc golf lights that are EXACTLY the same thing as bobber lights for much less. About a buck a piece if you are so inclined to buy 6 or 8 of them.
But like some others have said, it's fun to tinker. But the return on time invested is poor... :) They are fun to build and shoot until one stops working and you can't end it back to yourself for warranty.... :) I actually poke the problematic ones into my foam target and try to shoot them out. That's more fun to me... :)
Shooting them sounds like a great idea! I'll have to do that!

·
Registered
16,486 Posts
found the disk beacons just nothing that indicates bulk discount...if you can find a place that does that, please let us know...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Made quite a few, ruined quite a few in the process. A couple of times actually turned out dangerous, the nock weakened from drilling it out for the light to fit and nock blew up. I just shoot TGB's now. Good price, have had no problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts