Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about a homemade stabilizer. I took some 1" pvc plastic pipe and to end caps, stuffed the 1" pipe with the foam insulation, packed it really tight. I made it 10" long and to surprise it worked just great. After I found out it worked so good I put como on it, doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yep, making your own stabs are very very easy. especially when you have a lathe haha. I just ordered two 34.5" long carbon tubes at 5/8" OD and with a wall thickness of .043" for only $48. I'm going to make some target stabs out of them.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Here is the last one I made. It's 10" long with 5/8" OD aluminum. It has rubber worms in it. I took the pic right after I got it and those limb pockets painted satin black and I added a 3" Doinker Chubby to the end of it. Works great.

You can actually microwave rubber worms to melt them. Pour some in then add a lead or steel ball, pour more then add another and so one until it's filled. You can fill them with baby powder, too, to get a dead blow hammer effect, which works quite well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I made a stabilizer out of a broken carbon golf club. I was wondering how much weight you need to put on the end of the shaft. I would post photos, but for some reason I just cant add them. If you can help on both let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts