Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we insulated the roof of the house today, my face is still dry and tight, anyways, all of the roles of the insulation had a thin strip of brown paper, and all the roles were wrapped in plastic, well from all about 20 we put up there I got the paper and plastic and stuffed into a cardboard box witch I then wrapped tightly with a black trash bag, I also put in reinforcing cardboard on the sides, I then stapled it closed and tight and got some yellow spray paint to it and so far it's doing pretty good.

I won't to post a picture, but i cant figure out how... A lil help please...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't know if it's because I'm doing this on an iPad or not, but that option bar isn't showing up...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got on the laptop and its pulling up now, but i had the pictures on the ipad, soooo i will have to take a nother picture on the camera tomorrow, thanks or the help IowasBuckHunter

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0114.jpg

its my own personalized BLOCK

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why thank you YankeeReabl, it only took about 20 minutes

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
I have made Bag Target's by saving plastic bags like you get from Wal-Mart and just hanging one on a door knob and filling it up with other Wal-Mart or plastic grocery store bags. Once one gets filled just simply take it off and tie it closed. Once I get 20 or so of these I will take a Burlap Bag (get from Rural King) for $2. I then cut 2 pieces of carpet almost the same width and height of Bag. I put a piece of carpet in the front and the back of the burlap bag and then stuff the saved bags down in between. Sometimes I will toss in a old shirt without buttons or old jeans without zippers in with the bags. Then to close the bag at top I simply fold over the top of bag a couple of times and poke 4 or five holes along the top to run Zip Ties thru. It works great and arrow removal is effortless. :thumb:

*Note* This is for Field Points ONLY!! :thumb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good, and i could imagine removing arrows from shoping sacks would be pretty easy, i just take any opritunity i can to make own targets
i would love ideas for homemade targets i could shoot broadheads at

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
looks pretty good!!
i would add a role or two of duck tape.around and around and around
use as much as possible.once the tape gets a few days of sun it will melt and blend together

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are u saying cover the entire thing? where are u saying i should put the duck tape?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd stuff it nice and tight into a poly feed sack. It'll be an ass kicking target then.
I probably will once the box finally tears apart, I was just going off of what I had at the moment, but yeah, I will probably end up doing that later on, thanks for the tip

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also made a soccer ball target, I cut one of thos hexagons out, with still one side attaching it t the ball, I then stuffed it tightly with some old tarp, and then coneceted a rope to it, it practical seals wright back when u pull the arrow out, from twenty yards and didn't go thru, it works amazingly, I also did it with a basket ball...works great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts