Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend i had my mom bring home some cardboard boxes from work. They were all different sizes so i filled them with a bunch of old clothes and took some bungie cords to sorta compress them together and then used some duck tape to keep em together. It ended up being about 34" by 25" and about a foot deep. From about 5 yards, arrows are only goin in about 7 or 8 inches. I dont have a very fast bow so i didnt have to stuf the clothes very tightly and it works well for me so far.
Also made a smaller target for some fun with my left over clothes. I just took a walmart bag and stuffed it as full as i could and then tied it close. Unfortunatly i packed it so full of clothes my arrows were only goin in about an inch an a half from 50 yards. but once i took out some clothes it worked just fine.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
JPaul--no excuses for the flyer? You need to work on your excuse list or no one will ever look at your posts. :D

Good cheap solution to a target need too--

·
Registered
7 Posts
JP, usually flyers are the result of distractions - never from things like flinchingor creep. Try one of these next time: the neighbor's dog barked, your cell phone rang, or there was a sudden unexplained clap of thunder. In most circles these are actually bono fide reasons.:smile::smile::smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts